The official 2010 Tough Dog Tuff Truck Chit Chat Thread!

Check in with the teams here - buildups, news, questions and answers!
Brendan
4WD Action Staff

The official 2010 Tough Dog Tuff Truck Chit Chat Thread!

Unread post by Brendan » December 14th, 2009, 3:40 pm

Here's the place to get in and discuss the 2010 Tough Dog Tuff Truck Challenge, as well as relive some of the best memories and moments from previous events. We want to see your own favourite photos of previous events! To start things off, here's one of our all-time favourites -- Roothy's roll!

Brendan Seymour - Editor
4WD Action

94 4Runner; Lexus V8, 33in MTZs, barwork, lights, locked, etc
72 Rangie; 351, C4, 37s, gearing, GQ diffs, Air Lockers, chopped.

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » December 14th, 2009, 4:48 pm

Has anyone checked the entry prices this year - they are a tad different to last year.

Also I'm not sure if its public knowledge but last time I checked the site there were only pre-paid tix - u cannot buy at the gate.

I think I'll just buy the DVD this year.

Cheers
Nick
2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

tufflux88
Been here a while

Unread post by tufflux88 » December 14th, 2009, 5:23 pm

yeah limited tickets too and its gone up to 105 for w/e entry with showers.

who's goin?
should make a group goin from newcastle if anyones keen?

glm69gq
Part of the furniture

Unread post by glm69gq » December 15th, 2009, 12:35 am

now the oppertunty to photograph this event priceless will see if i can get there

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 15th, 2009, 6:09 am

peteinoz wrote:any info on it? where it is , and dates?

pete

Tough Dog Tuff Truck Challenge :D
2014 FJ with a few mods

Rick
Been here a while

Unread post by Rick » December 15th, 2009, 7:13 am

No Fn Idea wrote:Has anyone checked the entry prices this year - they are a tad different to last year.

Also I'm not sure if its public knowledge but last time I checked the site there were only pre-paid tix - u cannot buy at the gate.

I think I'll just buy the DVD this year.

Cheers
Nick
Gday Nick,
Yes, prices have gone up, but I am sure you will agree it is still a pretty good value weekend. Weekend camping tickets will not be available at the gate, and the amount of weekend passes sold will be capped to keep numbers more controlable.
2009's event saw the site at full capacity, and the "idiot factor" went through the roof. I look at it like this. If I am a real hardcore fan of Tuff Truck, and I know 6 months prior to the event that the ticket prices are $xxx, I will budget for it and make sure I am there. It's not like the organisers have sprung this on us with no notice!
Also, the extra money that the organisers are charging this year are going straight back into the event. Security has been tripled, and Tuff Events have forked out some serious coin to pay for real police to be on site all weekend. As well as the much-needed extra security, an extra driving stage has been added, so it is not like you are not getting the added value for your bucks.
As far as I am concerned, I hope that it works, and I hope that it keeps those idiots that insist on getting naked and running through the mud away, as well as the sorts of blokes that get a skinful of drink and then think its cool to swear their heads off in front of kids, or worse still, urinate in the middle of the crowd. Some of the behaviour that went on this year was simply inexcusable, and I doubt I would get any arguements when I say that this type of knob just isnt welcome at the event next year.
I reckon Tuff Events have made some excellent changes, changes that will help take the event -and the sport as a whole, forward.
Rick O'Brien
Editor
Extreme 4WD

I live in constant fear of the Hamburgler.

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 15th, 2009, 8:35 am

Agree 100% with Rick
2014 FJ with a few mods

DGR01
Avid Poster

Unread post by DGR01 » December 15th, 2009, 10:42 am

were you spying on me rick??

I thought you said i could run nekked, or was that for later on! :crazy:

ps why aren't I allowed to post up? aren't i qualified enough for this section? ok so i have only competed in 5 TT's so how many more do you have to do to be allowed to post? :cry:
[url]http://WWW.TEAMDGR.COM[/url]
[url]http://www.superiorengineering.com.au[/url]
[url]http://www.locktup4x4.com.au/[/url]

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 15th, 2009, 10:53 am

DGR01 wrote:
ps why aren't I allowed to post up? aren't i qualified enough for this section? ok so i have only competed in 5 TT's so how many more do you have to do to be allowed to post? :cry:

Are you on drugs again Greg? :D You are posting?
2014 FJ with a few mods

Rick
Been here a while

Unread post by Rick » December 15th, 2009, 1:55 pm

DGR01 wrote:were you spying on me rick??

I thought you said i could run nekked, or was that for later on! :crazy:

Shoot Brendan a PM mate and he will be granting access tot he competitors only section.
Rick O'Brien
Editor
Extreme 4WD

I live in constant fear of the Hamburgler.

joshy
Need to get out more

Unread post by joshy » December 15th, 2009, 9:11 pm

competitors entries close on 31st of dec :(
Sas'd Navara..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30224

Tow/Tourer 76 cruiser
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=133211

Built not Bought

tufflux88
Been here a while

Unread post by tufflux88 » December 16th, 2009, 11:45 am

why do they need triple security if the numbers are being reduced?
seems backwards to me and a waste of money having police as well as more security.

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » December 16th, 2009, 1:11 pm

DRT37R wrote:why do they need triple security if the numbers are being reduced?
seems backwards to me and a waste of money having police as well as more security.

Because there has never been enough security at the event and if it keeps the morons out or gets the kicked out then so be it. Having nearly come to blows with drunk morons, insulting women and children walking past, among some of the behaviour Rick mentioned its long overdue.

Simply if you think that tightening the rules, to keep the clowns that are only interested in ruining the event out, are a step backwards, then maybe you need to look at your own behaviour at past events??
2014 FJ with a few mods

tufflux88
Been here a while

Unread post by tufflux88 » December 16th, 2009, 10:24 pm

ive only been to this years event and i had no drama's

i was simply meaning that if there is less people they wouldnt need so many police and security and either make the tickets cheaper or spend more money on the events or activities

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » December 17th, 2009, 9:55 am

Rick

I see where you are coming from with the security - could make the event more family friendly. I've been there the last 2 yrs with my family and never had a problem. Yeah there are plenty of louts about but they seem pretty harmless to me. I understand if people think or have experienced differently.

My fear is that you have priced some families out of the event. Say a family of 6 (ma, pa and 4 kids over 12 ) wanted to go for the weekend, they would have to pay $450 for the weekend for what is in reality a basic campsite plus the TT comp. It would be even more costly if 2 of the kids were over 16.

In these tough times with interste rates rising I reckon it's a bit of stretch - that may be just me. Having said that tho, I'm still hoping to get up there on a Saturday for the day I just won't be camping.

Cheers and good luck
Nick
2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

Return to “Tough Dog Tuff Truck”