Mountain Trail Escape extended

Whether it's brand new and stock, or customised for your needs, show us what you tow!
madcow
Been here a while

Mountain Trail Escape extended

Unread post by madcow » May 5th, 2010, 2:12 pm

We've owned this for a little while now and are very happy with it so far. A very well made product. The attention to detail is obvious. Fully welded seams on the outside and a very happy wife.

Just living the dream!! Life Begins in Low Range!

DONK
Avid Poster

Unread post by DONK » May 6th, 2010, 7:58 pm

I like these trailers but $4000 for the slide out kitchen???? Is it made of gold cause I just can't see where the money is when you compare all the camper kitchens out there.

Also, do you reckon it is worth getting the extended version?

Very nice camper though!

madcow
Been here a while

Unread post by madcow » May 13th, 2010, 10:27 am

Yep the Kitchen was worth it but I do agree about the cost. For us, ours is an ex demo and had a few extras that we did not pay for in the end. We believe the extended version is great after having just sold our other camper after 12 years. It gives us the best of both worlds of being able to get out of bed with climbing over each other and the extra room is a bonus.

I have a strong belief these guys will really make an impact on the market with the quality and build. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong!! Plus the fact they are local for us.

DONK
Avid Poster

Unread post by DONK » May 13th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Yeah. I really like the trailers too but don't fancy the 12 month wait and they wouldnt give me any sort of deal whatsoever. It was full price or nothing and I found the salesman quite rude so that turned me off them. Probably gonna buy the tambo now.

gtst25
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by gtst25 » May 13th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Hi there,

Nice looking trailer I was wondering if you could post up some more pics? Lots of attention to detail that's for sure! What do you do about your lighting once it's all packed up - unplug and store away? We're in the process of planning the electrical side of things with our trailer. Where is the battery stored? How much water does it hold? It looks quite nicely balanced when hitched up not too much drawbar weight by the looks of things.
RD28 ETI Power. Sometimes can pull the skin off custard...

DONK
Avid Poster

Unread post by DONK » May 14th, 2010, 7:55 pm

King Triton wrote:....I had a run in with him as well. I have heard the same from others.

well, i am guessing he has lost more sales than just mine then! even if you have the best product in the world, if you have lousy customer service then you just won't sell as much. plain and simple. glad its not just me!

ruralfire
Here and there

Unread post by ruralfire » May 16th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Hi All

The wife and I have just recently looked at both the Escape and Extended Escape from Mountain Trail Campers. We will be purchasing the extended as it suits what we are looking for quite well with a few extras to go round.

We love the way it is built, CAD drawn and laser cut, fully welded, heavy canvas and mesh etc.

I will say one thing about Nick the owner. He went out of his way to help us look at the trailers we wanted. Made us aware of when a particular model would be finished so we could view it and understand excatly what we wanted. Yes the wait a bit long but this does demonstrate the sales this company is generating given they have only been around since 2007.

At the end of the day it comes back to personal choice and given the range of trailers avaliable we will all have our own opinions. As long as we are happy with our own purchases then it shouldn't realy matter.
[font=Tahoma][b]ruralfire :truck:[/b][/font]
[font=Tahoma][i]The weekends near and I don't need beer[/i][/font]
[font=Tahoma][i]Just a 4x4 and I'm out the door[/i][/font]

madcow
Been here a while

Unread post by madcow » May 31st, 2010, 10:35 am

gtst25 wrote:Hi there,

Nice looking trailer I was wondering if you could post up some more pics? Lots of attention to detail that's for sure! What do you do about your lighting once it's all packed up - unplug and store away? We're in the process of planning the electrical side of things with our trailer. Where is the battery stored? How much water does it hold? It looks quite nicely balanced when hitched up not too much drawbar weight by the looks of things.
We unplug the lihts and pack away but I'm endeavouring to get some led's and leave them in place but still unplug them. Ours has a 85 litre tank onboard. the battery is stored in its own pod on the opposite side of the steps ( Drivers side, second pic) I'm not sure of the drawbar weight but the vehicle only drops about 25mm when hooked up and thats with the front toolbox loaded, camp ovens, genny etc! and the water tank full. I am building some cupboards with draweres to throw in extra clothes etc and will be installed next weekend weather permitting. But I can throw it up in the driveay no problem and work on it. We are nearly finished with all our additions.

madcow
Been here a while

Re: Mountain Trail Escape extended

Unread post by madcow » November 16th, 2010, 11:28 am

We have installed some drawers to to provide a lot more storage in the walkway area. It does not inhibit getting in and out of bed and has the extra benefit of have a "table" in the area as well. Made out of structural plywood, painted and carpeted. Cost was about $100 all up.

Next thing on the list is to plumb in a pressure pump and relocate the hand pump for water

SparkieKev
Been here a while

Unread post by SparkieKev » December 22nd, 2014, 10:53 pm

4k for a kitchen and you still only get a lousy hand pump? What a rip! But as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters. It is a nice looking camper though
Supercharged 6.5L chev diesel GU wagon build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138695

madcow
Been here a while

Unread post by madcow » December 23rd, 2014, 6:32 am

Call me old school but I have a 12V pump installed now but have kept the hand pump in place. It is a 2 min job to change the plumbing if needed. I was given the Shurflo pump at a good price with the tap thrown in for free. To date the camper is still going well apart from some dust issues. The kitchen made these days is a lot smaller than ours due to the drawers in the walk through area. ( My missus idea that Nic has adopted).

monkeybucket
Part of the furniture

Unread post by monkeybucket » January 3rd, 2015, 10:51 pm

Good little setup...Great to have that extra room up front...The draws are a pretty good add. Enjoy
Cheers
Chris.

Off road when I'm good...in the shed when I'm naughty.

South West All Terrain ... www.swat4x4.com

Return to “My Camper Trailer”