2011 GIC Offroad aka Katie

Whether it's brand new and stock, or customised for your needs, show us what you tow!
No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Re: 2011 GIC Offroad aka Katie

Unread post by No Fn Idea » May 27th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Here is some work I did this arvo

I had just bought a porta potti and wasn't to keen on keeping it inside the trailer. I had planned on putting it between the ally box and the body of the trailer but, unfortunately, it didn't fit there.

2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » May 27th, 2012, 3:21 pm

I'm not too sure why I put the rubber there - I'll probably take it off and put a second big washer on top so that I can get more of the nut on the thread of the eye bolt and thereby hopefully spread the weight over more of the surface of the tooll box lid

I'm going to get some more of the eye bolts is a smaller size so I can secure my 2 stroke fuel can on top of the wheel arch - the opposite side to my tool box

Cheers
Nick

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » May 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

I have also, with the help of a friend, wired up the brake controller and put power to the back of the car and more CIG sockets inside the car. Now all I have to do is sort out the battery mounting and I shall be electrified!

I'll get some pics of the other stuff later

Cheers
Nick

Grunta73
Here and there

Unread post by Grunta73 » May 27th, 2012, 4:38 pm

No Fn Idea wrote:Hey Grunta

How long have the lights been in place like that??

I was thinking about doing it exactly like you have or conversely mounting a length or two into small ally channel and then putting some 25mm conduit clips onto the ends of ally and then I can clip the whole thing onto to poles - was only gunna do enough for two lots of 1.5m lights. (should be enough to light up the 12' tent) The reason for that was that I thought doing it that way I could un clip them and then pack them next to the bed so they didn't get damaged.

I was thinking the way you had done yours mate that they might get damaged

Cheers
Nick
nick

Mine have been fitted for 6 Months with no problem very flexible. I have mounted on the gap on the poles where the canvas in not Velcroed on. Here's a link of what I used.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5m-white-wat ... 3a74fe3e74

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » May 27th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Thanks mate

Grunta73
Here and there

Unread post by Grunta73 » May 27th, 2012, 7:14 pm

No worries mate

I did the same as you with the porta potti. Made a 5 ply box for mine as was concerned about stones hitting toilet. Then I would be in the S!#T :lol:

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » May 28th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Yeah, I'm looking at making or finding something for it to go into................one must look after one's throne

Stressless
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Stressless » June 9th, 2012, 10:24 am

Grunta73 wrote:No worries mate

I did the same as you with the porta potti. Made a 5 ply box for mine as was concerned about stones hitting toilet. Then I would be in the S!#T :lol:
I just put our toilet in the storage box on the front it fits nicely in there with our hot water system and other bits n peaces

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » February 19th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Here is our latest set up at Kylies Beach just north of Crowdy Head

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » March 26th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Did some more work on KT this weekend in preparation for Easter at Cundle Flat and then Bylong Creek 4x4

First thing I did was repair the pump/tap I got from BCF - whacked in a new 'o' ring and I'm hoping it should be all right.

I ended up painting the front wings of the trailer with a rubberised paint. Not sure it turned out to well but it looks a lot better than when I started. We shall see how long it lasts!

Cleaned up with wax and grease remover

2 coast of etch primer

And 3 coats of the rubberised paint

As I said above the finish isn't the best. I think I may not have been vigorous enough with the can shaking as some of the panels appear to have more rubber than other parts

EDIT - Why no IMG codes from photobucket work no more?????

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » March 26th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Second job was to finish off the holder for the 5L fuel jerry - it holds the 2stroke for the chainsaw. I had previously but down the eyelets into the guard but it weas decided along with the ocky straps (with plastic covers) I would need a little lip or something to stop the jerry going walkabout

Starting point

The little lip thingy. This is secured by stainless bolts and nylock nuts

And then the jerry in situ

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » March 26th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Last thing I did was paint up the MDF in the tool box/electrical cupboard in an effort to stave off water ingress into the panels in a hope that they do not expand.

This is after one coat, I did 2 more but didn't take pics. And yes, I do paint that messy!

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » March 27th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Did some more work on Katie last night. Just added some brackets to the tool box lid to securely locate the porta potti. The brackets were off my last ironnman awning so they should not be taxed too much by the weight of the throne

Drilled the 4 holes, threaded the bolts through the brackets, put some sikaflex on the bottom of the brackets and the on the mudguard washers underneath, all followed by a spring washer and a nylock nut. Hopefully this will stop the water ingress

Then I cut up a floor mat to go over the brackets which combined with some rubber on the upright part of the brackets should stop any rubbing. It ties down off the 2 eyelets of either side of the toolbox

I think I'll go back in an tidy up the rubber on the brackets so it doesn't look so half arsed!

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » April 1st, 2013, 7:22 pm

NSW- Cundle Flat Farm - Easter 2013

We visited this place when we were at Manning Point 2 months ago and loved it so much that we booked it in for Easter.

Most importantly we were struck by the couple, Christina and Oliver who run the place. They were soooo genuine and really couldn't do enough for us when they showed us around. We were supposed to be the last booking they took fro Easter but in the end we also snuck Chris and his family in and my mate Kev and his wife were 1st reserve on the cancellation list. Lucky for them someone pulled out and they got a booking as well.

We arrived on Friday around 11. Me and Kev in our GICs and Chris in his newly acquired Roman Tent. :campsite:

All we did was relax and have a bit of a explore around. We didn't get into any 4WDing. We planned to on Monday morning, I even aired down the tyres, but some rain set in and we weren't able to get hold of Oliver as he only let people up there when he can accompany them.

Oliver talked the second half of the track up saying that he had recovered many rigs from there with his tractor and that he reckoned it was a lockers only track. Chris, Kev and I being who we are, took this as a challenge for us open diffed boys. But alas it will have to wait till next time. :driver:

We just bummed around camp; spent time throwing rocks in the river; spent time in the blow up boats going down the rapids; met some nice people who camped near us and in generally just had a bloody relaxing time. I even managed to upturn a kayak, with me in it, twice on the rapids in about 15meters!!...............sorry there are no pics of that.

Speaking of pics I'll just post up what I took. There are not many as I didn't bring my camera and my phone wasn't charging the best

Last edited by No Fn Idea on April 1st, 2013, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » April 1st, 2013, 7:23 pm

Return to “My Camper Trailer”