CALLING ALL DIY’ERS

Whether it's brand new and stock, or customised for your needs, show us what you tow!
Vlad
Here and there

CALLING ALL DIY’ERS

Unread post by Vlad » June 2nd, 2011, 4:16 pm

Are you planning on a DIY project on your camper trailer?
Let us know about it because we can help you out.

We are on the lookout for DIY projects on camper trailers for our Camper Trailer Touring mag and are willing to even supply some items/materials required.
Send us a quick brief of your intended project with a list of materials required with details and include photos of your vehicle and camper trailer.
You do the work and we’ll send our photographer to take all the photos.
So if you’re interested, send in your details and information to David at campertrailer@emgroup.com.au

Vlad Merzliakov
Editor
Camper Trailer Touring

woolgoolgaoffroad
Need to get out more

Re: CALLING ALL DIY’ERS

Unread post by woolgoolgaoffroad » June 2nd, 2011, 5:26 pm

Arrrrrrr.... spewing Vlad....
Just finished my trailer, some 3rd party help would of been noice....
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=113288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vlad
Here and there

Unread post by Vlad » June 3rd, 2011, 7:16 am

Bummer Kev....well let us know if you plan on doing any more mods.
Great work btw with your camper, looks awesome!

Reedy
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Reedy » June 3rd, 2011, 2:05 pm

Hey Vlad I'm thinking of doing a 12v pump and tap on mine and was thinking of a side tap as well?? Also I was thinking of extending the end of my drawbar to fit the kids 50cc quad!!??
98 Prado 2.7, ToughDog lift, Airbags and spacers in rear, Custom Rear Draws, Xrox Bar, HID XGT's, Tmax 9000lb, Front Airlocker and compressor plus much much more!!!

Vlad
Here and there

Unread post by Vlad » June 28th, 2011, 8:05 am

Reedy wrote:Hey Vlad I'm thinking of doing a 12v pump and tap on mine and was thinking of a side tap as well?? Also I was thinking of extending the end of my drawbar to fit the kids 50cc quad!!??

Hi Reedy,

Can you send me more details? Have you picked out a pump/tap etc?
Also, send me your email.

Vlad

4.2GUst

Unread post by 4.2GUst » June 28th, 2011, 9:20 am

hey vlad
not a trailer but a slide on canopy frame and alloy skin nearly finnished but planning on putting a set of draws in her so if your interested let us know
i have the build up in the camper trailer section

cheers
mike

Reedy
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Reedy » July 3rd, 2011, 4:39 pm

PM sent Vlad!!
98 Prado 2.7, ToughDog lift, Airbags and spacers in rear, Custom Rear Draws, Xrox Bar, HID XGT's, Tmax 9000lb, Front Airlocker and compressor plus much much more!!!

tails83
Getting to know the place

Unread post by tails83 » July 6th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I have a jayco finch on road model, I was looking at making it an off road model by doing a spring over axle and bigger off road tyres, maybe even change to 6 stud wheels.

rockman
Here and there

Unread post by rockman » July 26th, 2011, 9:12 pm

I'm in the process of building a small off-road van with all the good bits in it , 285/75/16's , king size bed permanently made up , fold out kitchen , 120litres water , 80 litres diesel , 80 litre fridge on a slide , rear clearance of close to a meter , 45 degree departure angle , cruiser ute chassis , rooftop tent for the kids .

Cheers

d_c_prescott
Here and there

Unread post by d_c_prescott » August 4th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Hi. I have only just stumbled across your segment on this forum. I have a Cub Brumby which I purchased in 09. I have done a few mods since then. I have fitted on board battery with associated wiring and lighting. Pressure pump and taps for kitchen and shower. Additional gas bayonet for instantaneous gas HWS. Swing away rear wheel carrier. Second water tank and associated plumbing. Pantry drawers in large fridge box opposite fridge. And dirty gear box on top of trailer for those dirty items such as ground cover shower floor jacking blocks etc.

qlddsl
Here and there

Unread post by qlddsl » August 8th, 2011, 6:02 pm

my new Tempest camper trailer is coming soon, hopefully this saturday (13/8), is the off road model. have orderd it without kitchen, water tank, or 12 volt system as i will be doing this myself as well as a few other mods as i go. will get some pics up as soon as possible

Rob W
Been here a while

Unread post by Rob W » September 20th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Hey guys,

Don't forget that we're always keen to see your photos of you and your family with your camper in the great outdoors. So why don't you send us a few to campertrailer@emgroup.com.au and you could see yourself in our Readers' Pics section and be in the running for a great prize!

Cheers,

P.S, don't forget to make sure that your pics are at least 1MB in size.

Dustychris
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Dustychris » January 4th, 2012, 1:55 pm

G'day I have just returned from a six week maiden trip of my home made camper trailer. As with all maiden trips, it's time to do some adjustments and some things I should have done. One of the jobs to do is build and fit a boat rack, so many times on the trip we could have used a kayak to do some fishing and exploring. The other useful thing I reckon would be handy would be a 12v system on the trailer. Also, as heavy as the GU is I think a set of electric brakes would've done well in many situations.
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » January 5th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Hows this for DIY.

Scratch built trailer

Did the tie down points today, spare wheel carrier and some hooks to hold the safety chains when not in use. Next is Jerry can holders, Gas bottle holders and water tank. Then its off to powdercoating ready to be wired up, plumbed and kitchen fitted. (havent picked a tent yet either)
Last edited by VooDoo on November 24th, 2012, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100 series on injected Gas, Locked, lifted, loaded with goodies and barred up both ends.
Proudly sponsors ARB, TJM, OL, Rhino, Blackwidow, Inmarsat, Uniden, Allied Wheels, Mickey Thompson, DBA, Lightforce, Maxtrax, Waeco and country pie shops!

red23
Here and there

Unread post by red23 » January 6th, 2012, 1:08 pm

hi,
if you dont mind me asking what size steel is used on draw bar?
also are u intending for full off road or semi?

Return to “My Camper Trailer”