Where do I get Replacements for my Camper Coil Springs?

Tech and general discussion forum - the place to ask those questions!
Cyclone Ranger
I'm new, be nice!

Where do I get Replacements for my Camper Coil Springs?

Unread post by Cyclone Ranger » August 4th, 2018, 6:13 am

:thumb: Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, does anybody know where I can get a new set of coil springs for my Blue Tongue overland Elite as mine have sagged about 100mm. Around Melbourne that aren't going to cost an arm and a leg??? TIA :confused:

Cheers Cyclone Ranger :thumb:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Where do I get Replacements for my Camper Coil Springs?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 18th, 2018, 11:40 am

I certainly wouldn't be replacing your sagged springs with OE Spec replacements, cos they'll very likely do exactly the same thing!! :eek:

So I reckon that your best result would come from working out & measuring exactly what's under there now, getting the camper weighed in its 'normal travelling' condition, and then with all that info at hand, talking to the guys at Tough Dog or one of the other a/mkt spring suppliers & seeing if they can set you up with a set of coils that will do the job better AND be far less likely to sag, at least in the short term. The fellas at TD or wherever should be able to guide you in what measurements & load information they need in order to select the best spring for you, and I really can't see your Camper being so unique that there isn't something suitable out there already.

If you don't think you are up to doing the measuring/weighing thing (TD used to have a measurement chart that they'd send you; & as for the load info, most garden centres that sell bulk mulch or soil etc will have a weighbridge & often won't even charge if you don't need a weight certificate!) then maybe you could take your springs (or the whole Camper) in to some place like Spicer's Springs (they're in Knoxville, I think?) or even to your nearest 4WD/Tough Dog Suspension outlet, or if you don't like the idea of using TD (why you wouldn't, I don't know - they've always looked after me pretty well! :D ) the nearest Pedders Suspension mob, where they should be able to measure what you have & possibly even source an appropriate spring from their suppliers. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Cyclone Ranger
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Where do I get Replacements for my Camper Coil Springs?

Unread post by Cyclone Ranger » August 19th, 2018, 6:53 am

Thanks for your suggestions Pete, I have Lovell's suspension in my ute for the last 9 years and never had a problem with it so while I was at the 4wd show yesterday I spoke to the Lovell's rep and he told me the same thing! Give them the spec's and they may even have something suitable straight of the shelf!!

Cheers Cyclone Ranger :drink: :drink:

Return to “General Camper Trailer Tech”