Getting hitched - which to use? Treg or Hitchmaster?

Tech and general discussion forum - the place to ask those questions!
Ranger50
Avid Poster

Re: Getting hitched - which to use? Treg or Hitchmaster?

Unread post by Ranger50 » November 17th, 2012, 6:56 am

(Quote:)What I like about the DO35v2 is that you don't need to be spot on to get it on the pin, even with a reversing camera it is near impossible to line it up perfectly

Hi huntingdado1990,

I have the ozhitch, and your right , you don't need to be spot on, but I also have a reversing camera that I can see my hitch in, and I can get it that damn close, all I have to do is lower the trailer onto hitch and insert the pin. I don't know whether this is because I drive a truck for a living and probably have a better spacial and distance ability than most (through doing it all the time everday) even offroad on uneven surfaces, I don't have a problem, always a piece of p**s as they say!!!

All said and done everyone has there own opinions and are entitled to them!!!

Cheers Ranger50 :thumb: :drink: :drink:
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

huntingdado1990
Here and there

Unread post by huntingdado1990 » November 19th, 2012, 11:17 am

Practice makes perfect (to within a certain measurable tolerance of lets say............. +/- 5mm?)
Lead (Pb) Challenger

rodwb57
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by rodwb57 » March 28th, 2016, 4:11 pm

I have the poly block, and as someone said, if you have a camera, dead easy, the hardest part is putting enough down pressure on the pin with the spring to put the split pin in, And if you are worried about wiring a camera, look at ebay, remote camera, just hook it up to the reversing light, in the cab, goes to a monitor, power off the cigarette lighter plug, all done, and if you are worried about the nylon block wearing, don't be, it will take heaps of punishment, and easy to replace

CASH476
Here and there

Unread post by CASH476 » April 3rd, 2016, 1:11 pm

One thing the tregg hitch has is simplicity, the other is good solid engineering principles. The pins on the tregg hitch go all the way through to the other side, they interlock so that even with a complete failure of the poly block it will still be attached to the tow vehicle.

The D035 looks like it has separate pins on each side that screw in, the locking mechanism is a spring loaded plate held in by small cap screws and the tow pin is moulded into polyurethane? They may work very well but I cannot see any real benefit that would justify the added complexity.

Return to “General Camper Trailer Tech”