CALLING ALL DIY’ERS

Tech and general discussion forum - the place to ask those questions!
ryno_0000
Been here a while

Re: CALLING ALL DIY’ERS

Unread post by ryno_0000 » August 23rd, 2013, 12:48 pm

Yeah have thought about that although the idea of not being able to access the draw bar is off putting. Back to the folding rear idea, a firned of mine thats pretty handy has suggested a box steel frame with pop rivetted sheeting, with sikaflex or silicon as the sealant. Im worried about vibrations ruining the sheeting. I originally was thinking of marine ply on a box steel frame to join to the trailer. Any thoughts on timber or steel?

Rabs
Here and there

Re: CALLING ALL DIY’ERS

Unread post by Rabs » December 5th, 2013, 1:10 am

Here is a couple of pics of my camper I built, it has a fairly extensive list of options including, 2 gel 100 amp batts, genny, portable toilet shower, 60 litre watertank and elec pump, lots of led strip lights, fully lined alum tray from dualcab ute, 2 awnings, rooftop tent with annexe, all new mig welded chassis, new springs, hubs with 16 inch allows, 2 spares, high lift jack, full fuse and switch panel with 650 amp inverter, led taillights, lockable storage cabin, all done in marineply over steel frame with booga rod thru 20 x 20 rhs and bolted thru plate under tray, its inside the steel so its hidden and looks neater,just gotta fit 130 watt solar panel and checkerplate a frame area

cheers

Rabs

ps just tried uploading some piccies and says thdy are invalid, maybe too big, ill try later

Return to “General Camper Trailer Tech”