Ebay Camper? Ezytrail Camper Trailer

Tech and general discussion forum - the place to ask those questions!
sickgm
Here and there

Ebay Camper? Ezytrail Camper Trailer

Unread post by sickgm » May 14th, 2011, 12:46 am

Hey Guys,

After much reading I thought i would give you guys a chance to give more some more specific opinions.

Here is the situation, my uncle who already has a massive Kedron with everything in it thought it would be a good idea to get a camper trailer so he could visit places where he cannot fit his Kedron.

So, given that he would not be doing anything hardcore with the camper trailer and possibly would only use it 2-3 times a year we have come to the conclusion that a $5000 camper from ebay would do the job?

So he purchased a off road, fully galvanized Eztrail camper. Link is here:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe that this is more than enough to meet the needs and fits into the budget nicely. With the money saved he could invest into accessories and or strengthening parts of the trailer that don't that may bot be up to to scratch.

We are picking this baby up on Thursday next week and I am just wanting to know of the experiences that anybody has had with ezytrail campers?

I have few from various other forums but the more the merrier right?

Now I am not interested in hearing the Aussie Made Vs China debate as quite simply it is not a consideration due to the budget.

Thanks

02-SR5
Need to get out more

Re: Ebay Camper? Ezytrail Camper Trailer

Unread post by 02-SR5 » May 14th, 2011, 8:01 am

Mate,

my mate brought one the same time when I brought my %&* camper. He got the full gal covered trailer with 12ft tent. His came all wired up, all he had to do was fit a battery. Stainless kitchen, eletric water pump, shackle springs with shocks, big alloy box and stone guard, boat racks, 3 x brand new rims and tyres, trek hitch and a few other things.

They are an awsome trailer for 5k (my mate paid 6k deliver to Brisbane).

The tent, it will leak like a sive when you first get it. Take it out and season it and treat the seams.

Rob

sickgm
Here and there

Unread post by sickgm » May 15th, 2011, 10:47 am

Thanks for the info,

Yes, I have read about the leaking tents.... but that is the exact trailer my uncle bought....
It does seem like allot of trailer for the money....

13owen
Here and there

Unread post by 13owen » May 24th, 2011, 6:12 am

How do these trailer hold up off road?? I know that they say that they are offroad trailers but I have a hard time believing that they would last the long haul off raod...
2010 Ford Wildtrak | Heaps of stuff.....

sickgm
Here and there

Unread post by sickgm » May 24th, 2011, 11:42 am

Hi,

Well, we picked up the trailer on Thursday and I must say it is allot of trailer and tent set up for the money.
The trailer is surprisingly strong! Couple of minor things I would change or strengthen such as the attachment of the kitchen to the rear door needs some more bracing but these things are minor.

Everything works, water pump, electric brakes, lights, etc.... no bent tent poles or damaged canvas...and it is not too hard to go. I have never set up a camper trailer before and we had it up first time in 30 mins... the instructions are not the best but I can confidently say that 15 minute set up for tent and annex is achievable once you have done it a few times.

We are quite happy with it thus far, on road it travels nicely. I guess the first test will be Fraser Island in July.

13owen
Here and there

Unread post by 13owen » May 24th, 2011, 3:15 pm

sickgm wrote:
We are quite happy with it thus far, on road it travels nicely. I guess the first test will be Fraser Island in July.
For sure you will have to let us know how it holds up for you...
2010 Ford Wildtrak | Heaps of stuff.....

Boxhead 71
Avid Poster

Unread post by Boxhead 71 » May 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm

G'day Sickgm. No offence mate but why say "don't bring up the Aussie vs Chinese thing"? If the uncle is only gunna use it 2 or 3 times a year why noy buy a good 2nd hand Aussie made one?

4xrunner
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xrunner » June 7th, 2011, 8:01 pm

bought one as well, seasoned mine and it really only leaked a little, but I am sure during heavy rain it will leak some.
For me the tap was broken and they have replaced that with little hassle.

Will be taking it out for the first time on the weekend coming, must say I am very impressed if you got it all up in 30 minutes first time, took us ages to get it set up the first time.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

scoobz08
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by scoobz08 » February 7th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Gday fellow campers my experience with ez#trail#@s is not good the canvas is far from average quality the undercarriage ad ons are ****** useless and if I had my chance again I would save another couple of grand and get an aussie made one; as the saying goes, why get imports when Australia does make good quality campers resonably cheap - as I can now attest (this is only my experience with this brand of campers and I know there are plenty of people with the same experiences that I have noticed)
:huh:

scoobz08
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by scoobz08 » February 13th, 2012, 1:27 pm

13owen wrote:
sickgm wrote: hi how did your trailer hold up on fraser island

For sure you will have to let us know how it holds up for you...

janddbone
Getting to know the place

Unread post by janddbone » November 17th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Did anyone keep theirs long term?

Return to “General Camper Trailer Tech”