Website options for club

Meet up online here. Please keep all discussion to a single thread per club/group.
sudso
Need to get out more

Website options for club

Unread post by sudso » January 19th, 2010, 9:57 pm

I've been looking around for a good deal to create a website for our local 4x4 club but so far most are deemed too expensive.
Just keen to know what features and costs others are getting/paying etc and where from.
Cheers
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

rodw
Avid Poster

Unread post by rodw » January 20th, 2010, 3:26 pm

Have you got anywone in your club in IT? We have an honourary member in our club (sister of a member) who did ours. It is not that hard to do yourself anymore with some of the template driven CMS packages bundled with hosting companies. have a look at Just Host. Want a web site Instal this. Want a Forum install this. Want a Photo Gallery Install this and you are done!
RodW
2007 Hilux Turbo Diesel Dual Cab
Buildup:Rod's Rig Buildup Thread
Vehicle Modificatons Network

M.Guerilla
Been here a while

Unread post by M.Guerilla » January 20th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Cheapest hosting is overseas.

I'm no site creator but with the options available I could easily be one. Just using mine for e-mail but, at the price, it's very convenient.

The plan I'm on - Jiffynet Web Hosting - 333 MB Web Hosting Package

Been using them for years.

My next option would be Go Daddy who do domains and hosting.

Cheers.
2001 TD PRADO + [url=http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=82248]Belco Land & Sea[/url]

Corindi

Unread post by Corindi » January 20th, 2010, 7:38 pm

Crikey they are cheap! Why am I paying webcity in australia $119.40 a year to host my website?

I like to buy australian made, but the difference is rediculous.

Like rod said "Have you got anyone in your club in IT?" coz, other than setting it up, it's just about free!
www.BillabongFurniture.com.au

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » January 20th, 2010, 8:38 pm

I can build you a website fairly easily. Send me a PM regarding what you want done, and I will look into it.

I can provide hosting for free and set it up so that you have full control of everything.

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » January 21st, 2010, 8:03 am

rodw wrote:Have you got anywone in your club in IT? We have an honourary member in our club (sister of a member) who did ours. It is not that hard to do yourself anymore with some of the template driven CMS packages bundled with hosting companies. have a look at Just Host. Want a web site Instal this. Want a Forum install this. Want a Photo Gallery Install this and you are done!
lol yes we do! but they are sooo busy with their new computer shop that they dont have time.
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Return to “Clubs and Groups”