solid axle swap for IFS Hilux

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
taziiy
Need to get out more

Re:solid axle swap for IFS Hilux

Unread post by taziiy » November 24th, 2004, 6:23 pm

[quote author=Hi-luxmadness link=board=8;threadid=5376;start=0#msg93819 date=1101270272]
i tried to post some pics last night but 4wd links wouldnt work for me, ill post some tonite of how it looks now, then im going to strip it completely, 2 reasons for this, main reason is to just check it all out and replace seals and anything else thats worn, i want to paint the housing too, the other reason is so i can see how it all comes apart and goes back together, just in case it ever dies in the bush, i want to know how to dissassemble it repair it and how to put it all back together, i imagine it wont be any harder than stripping the ifs diff, i reckon i could strip the ifs diff blindfolded, ive had the thing out about 5 times
[/quote]

Yeah there pretty easy ive had mine apart twice now :D

beefyrastus
Getting to know the place

Re: solid axle swap for IFS Hilux

Unread post by beefyrastus » March 26th, 2013, 11:14 am

I know this is an old thread but is there any news on this. I woudlnt mind doing this to mine

oversite
Need to get out more

Re: solid axle swap for IFS Hilux

Unread post by oversite » March 26th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Goodluck beefy but its over 8 years old and I dont even recorgnise any of the names!

Return to “Extreme Tech”