Front tube bars

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
Rocky4.4
Need to get out more

Unread post by Rocky4.4 » October 2nd, 2007, 7:56 pm

Reedy, Havent you been watching Playschool????
Pretty sure Tube was Round.....:p :p

lol
[align=center][b]OUTER CONTROL 4X4[/b][/align]
2002 Ford Courier Dual Cab XLT 2.5 T/D, 3'' Zorst, Detroit Rear Locker, Efs Shocks, Rockcrawler Rear Leafs, Arb Turbo Timer, Dual Battery's, Wound up Turbo and Modified Diesel Injector Pump, Black Sunnies, 31 Bighorns, Airflow Snorkel, Unifilter

Reedy
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Reedy » October 2nd, 2007, 8:06 pm

Rocky4.4 wrote:Reedy, Havent you been watching Playschool????
Pretty sure Tube was Round.....:p :p

lol

Did I fart or something????:crazy: In other words did I ask for YOUR comment Tim???
98 Prado 2.7, ToughDog lift, Airbags and spacers in rear, Custom Rear Draws, Xrox Bar, HID XGT's, Tmax 9000lb, Front Airlocker and compressor plus much much more!!!

Rocky4.4
Need to get out more

Unread post by Rocky4.4 » October 2nd, 2007, 8:07 pm

Reedy wrote:Did I fart or something????:crazy: In other words did I ask for YOUR comment Tim???
lol :p
[align=center][b]OUTER CONTROL 4X4[/b][/align]
2002 Ford Courier Dual Cab XLT 2.5 T/D, 3'' Zorst, Detroit Rear Locker, Efs Shocks, Rockcrawler Rear Leafs, Arb Turbo Timer, Dual Battery's, Wound up Turbo and Modified Diesel Injector Pump, Black Sunnies, 31 Bighorns, Airflow Snorkel, Unifilter

lux_it_up
Here and there

Unread post by lux_it_up » October 3rd, 2007, 10:24 am

Hey reedy, that bar turned out good. Suits the zook nicely.

Trogdor
Been here a while

Unread post by Trogdor » October 3rd, 2007, 9:32 pm

but once again not tube lol :)

he he he he

dattopimp
Been here a while

Unread post by dattopimp » October 4th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Well sorta worked out a basic design. Going to have a slightly over engineered cradle for the winch and just attach some tubing to fill out to the sides. Abit like wheelin downunder's. Had my plan of attack all sorted out, then realised my stupid spring hangers at the front killed it in the arse, if only i had coils :(

So yeah, gonna be abit higher then I wanted but oh well. Probably do a few drawings in paint tonight.
87 MK Patrol. 2" OME + 30mm body, 31" ATZs on alloys/35" Simex ETs, dual ARB lockers, 12,000lbs winch in custom bar, Doof doof. Need more money!

dattopimp
Been here a while

Unread post by dattopimp » October 7th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Ok well i spent about half of yesterday designing my front bar. Its not so much a tube bar anymore lol, Its more of a Steel bar with tubes hanging off it...which don't exist yet.

Had trouble picturing it in my mind so decided to make cardboard model of centre part and go from there. This is what i ended up with so far.

87 MK Patrol. 2" OME + 30mm body, 31" ATZs on alloys/35" Simex ETs, dual ARB lockers, 12,000lbs winch in custom bar, Doof doof. Need more money!

bop smoo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bop smoo » October 7th, 2007, 7:12 pm

dattopimp wrote: Image

Man that looks like a strong unit, could you build one for me:D
sorry someone had to say it, would be nice to see what it is going to look like with the tube attached
[b][size=100]CHIPPED,LIFTED,LOCKED & ROCK HOPPED.[/size][/b]

Mick.

Unread post by Mick. » October 7th, 2007, 7:49 pm

Harold Screwby would be really impressed with you mate making your bullbar out of cardboard.:waycool: :D

It should look good when it's finished mate.

Cheers Mick.
[size=150][color=blue]Micks HID Projector Retrofits[/color][/size]
[size=150][color=red]All custom work and DIY kits available.[/color][/size]
[size=150][color=blue]PM me or phone on 0403596123[/color][/size]

dattopimp
Been here a while

Unread post by dattopimp » October 10th, 2007, 7:04 pm

bop smoo wrote:Man that looks like a strong unit, could you build one for me:D
sorry someone had to say it, would be nice to see what it is going to look like with the tube attached

Mate, you have no idea! I'll tell you what, if you subscribe to Dattopimps, Tube and Winch Bars for Dummies, You'll get a monthly mag with a little piece of the bar so you can build one yourself haha.

Got the steel cut out the other day so going to sort out where all the holes have to be drilled on sat, then drill and tack the bits together. Turns out its actually 8mm plate so i just have a single base now. Should be tough enough.

Not sure what to do with the wings yet, without makin it look crap anyway

KillaMav
Avid Poster

Unread post by KillaMav » October 11th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Why do you have a different number of leaves on each side of the vehicle?
Three on the right and two on the left, under the first one at the top.
Or can I just not count or see all of them?
[b][color=Black][url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/f27/killamavs-swb-maverick-43915/]Members Rigs[/url][/color][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b][size=134][color=DarkGreen][size=84][color=Lime][color=Black] [url=http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1597&im=1]Shed[/url][/color][/color][/size][/color][/SIZE][/b][/font]

dattopimp
Been here a while

Unread post by dattopimp » October 11th, 2007, 6:02 pm

Na theres 3 on the driver side. Some MQ/MK's sag to the right since the majority of the running gear sits to the right. ARB sets the springs up to counteract it but still theres a few cars that lean to the right, mine was one so i got another leaf to fix it. Used to run only 1 leaf each side but when i got the winch and decided to put a steel bar on i chucked the leaf back in that i pulled out originally to gain flex as well as the new correction spring in the RHF pack.

Dunno if i'm quite happy with it still. Still looks like to leans to the right :( Or could be just me

Biohazard
Been here a while

Unread post by Biohazard » October 11th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Hey mickers if u want a hand on saturday let me know i get off work at eleven, im not a very good welder, but i can hold heavy things lol
The only difference between my fourbie and your skyline is a 33inch tyre print on your bonnet!!!

dattopimp
Been here a while

Unread post by dattopimp » October 13th, 2007, 8:15 pm

Remember kids, wear your boots! My face plate slipped and landed on my foot :( Never seen something swell up so quick before! I put my boots on after this little accident lol.

Biohazard
Been here a while

Unread post by Biohazard » October 13th, 2007, 9:49 pm

u knob, did u not listen in OHS classes, always where ya work boots man . and i see wat u mean by its in pieces
The only difference between my fourbie and your skyline is a 33inch tyre print on your bonnet!!!

Return to “Extreme Tech”