Was that the last Extreme Mag ?

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
Sim79
Need to get out more

Re: Was that the last Extreme Mag ?

Unread post by Sim79 » November 5th, 2011, 8:06 pm

4wd action wrote: gone on the backburner slightly. !
SLIGHTLY???? 99% off the content in last few issues cut and pasted from previous issues!!!!

joshy wrote:I had a few guys from the mag approach me during the show n shine at tuff truck wanting to put it in the mag, then never heard from em again. I wont be resubscribing to any of there mags again after this extreme joke.
X2 Very common or sometimes if your lucky they take your pics but don't you tell which mag it will be pubished in or which issue!

I am positive if it does get re-launched the samething will happen again.

This was the only mag that I have bought from 4wdaction for the past 12 months as I stopped buying the normal mag few years ago. Now I will never buy another 4wdaction mag.

Extreme mag is dead too me.

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » November 6th, 2011, 8:46 am

joshy wrote:I had a few guys from the mag approach me during the show n shine at tuff truck wanting to put it in the mag, then never heard from em again. I wont be resubscribing to any of there mags again after this extreme joke. Could have at least asked us if we wanted custom action or another mag while they stood extreme down.
I'm thinking Dirt comp mag is looking the goods

Lovedayfun
Been here a while

Unread post by Lovedayfun » November 6th, 2011, 11:05 pm

They wont put your stories in anyway. Offroading online submitted heaps of stories just to be told its not what they are looking for yet dirt comp pay for the very same stories. Like Sim79 said Dirt comp is great with great stories

Twisty

Unread post by Twisty » November 7th, 2011, 7:12 am

Yep, another issue that I just flicked through, went meh, and havent touched it since. Dissapointing. :purplex:

Got 12 issues left on the subscription, hope it improves soon.
2012 FJ Cruiser
1984 BJ42 Landcruiser
1977 HJ45 Landcruiser Ute

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » November 8th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Twisty wrote:
Got 12 issues left on the subscription, hope it improves soon.
Hope they don't give you another 12 mags of crap!!!
Sim79 wrote: Now I will never buy another 4wdaction mag.

Extreme mag is dead too me.
Once the last of my wasted subscription is done i will be the same!!

pickstock
Here and there

Unread post by pickstock » November 11th, 2011, 10:05 pm

not only from the old issues but the same month they do the same thing in 4wd action and its shorter...
dirt comps not bad, only comes out every 2 months but yeah i do/did prefer the extreme.

kevinmealing60
Been here a while

Unread post by kevinmealing60 » November 29th, 2011, 1:08 pm

after reading this ive relised, i thought i just stupidly bought the same mag and threw the old one out, but nooooo. and by the way not all the extreme or custom trucks/utes have to be shiney/ good paint or straight panels like one of the blokes said earlya, backyard and redneck tips, tricks and trucks, done on the cheap that anyone can afford is what i like to see and i dont think that im alone there, it would be nice to be able to look in a mag and think "i can do that" and not just be a dream to the most of us.
85 60series 315/75r16 MT mtz on 16x10 sunnys
12h-t, front mount intercooled, 16 PSI boost, 93rwkw
beaudesert 3" mandrel bent, 3"suspension custom leaf packs,
superior extended shackles, air on board system.

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » November 30th, 2011, 1:20 pm

get rid of the 105 pages of adds and join the mags together like they use to.... the mag might be worth buying again.. It was good to see some tourers and also comp rigs in the same mag.....instead of patrols and landcruisers every month.

marty monsta
Been here a while

Unread post by marty monsta » December 7th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Extreme mag is dead to me aswell. the last 4 issues have been copy and pastes of the 1st 15 issues. any 12 year old that can use a publisher program could have edited the mags. thats half a years worth of subscription in the bin. i wonder if EMG will credit the rest of the subscription to a mag worth reading (not 4wd action, that was dead to me a long time before extreme) Not Happy Rick

joshy
Need to get out more

Unread post by joshy » December 8th, 2011, 9:40 am

The extreme brand is dead to them...theres a new one coming mid next year.
Sas'd Navara..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30224

Tow/Tourer 76 cruiser
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=133211

Built not Bought

Twisty

Unread post by Twisty » December 8th, 2011, 8:48 pm

So is the plan for "best of's" till the release of this new one......no way I want my subscription to continue if that is the case. Would be nice to here from someone from the mag to here what the go is. :purplex:
2012 FJ Cruiser
1984 BJ42 Landcruiser
1977 HJ45 Landcruiser Ute

joshy
Need to get out more

Unread post by joshy » December 9th, 2011, 8:40 am

According to Rick on facebook, its a joint venture between him and express.. so im guessing these rehashes are either going to keep going or eventually theyll send you custom action instead..
Sas'd Navara..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30224

Tow/Tourer 76 cruiser
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=133211

Built not Bought

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » December 9th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Twisty wrote:So is the plan for "best of's" till the release of this new one......no way I want my subscription to continue if that is the case. Would be nice to here from someone from the mag to here what the go is. :purplex:
I think the mag staff are quite happily ignoring this post and area of the forum. Pretty peeved my tail of my sibscription is being wasted on these "best ofs" as well. My latest copy has been sitting on the coffee table still in its plastic for days as i know opening it will just make me angry!!

joshy wrote:According to Rick on facebook, its a joint venture between him and express.. so im guessing these rehashes are either going to keep going or eventually theyll send you custom action instead..
Have you got a link to this? Might have to try find it. I would have preferred they sent me custom however many issues ago it was now when they started wasting our money on re-used articles

Rick
Been here a while

Unread post by Rick » December 11th, 2011, 8:52 am

OK guys, it's time to clear a few things up.
As I am sure most of you know by now, I do not work for Express anymore, I finished up with the guys around August this year and started my own little company, but more on that in a minute.
Back in 2010 I was asked if I would like to leave Extreme and take on the Associate Editor's role of 4WD Action, which was an incredible opportunity. Naturally, I took the role. In the scheme of things with Extreme, this was somewhere around issue 10-12 (my memory is a little sketchy as this was some time ago) and sadly for Extreme, I was not replaced so the mag had no Editor to steer the ship.
Fast forward to the present. I was recently approached by the guys from Express and they wanted to know if I would be interested in producing an all-new mag for them on a contract basis. The key for me was that I will have complete control over the content, so we agreed to terms and the contract was signed! The new title will be called Off-Road Addiction and it kicks off in April next year. My company will produce it, Express will publish it. Content will be mostly hardcore stuff, lots of comp rigs, tough club rigs, maybe even the odd tube buggy or two! naturally there will be plenty of relevant tech, DIY's etc. I really hope this will be the mag that you all want to read!
But like any publication, it really does come down to what you guys want. I'd love to hear what you would all like to see in the new mag. Feel free to shoot me an email at: rick@offroadaddiction.com.au anytime with your thoughts and feedback.
In the meantime, we are always looking for cool hardcore rigs to feature in the mag, so if you reckon your fourby has what it takes, let me know! We will also be running a photo comp in each issue, so be sure to send us your best hardcore pics to be in with a chance to win!
Lastly, to all of those who supported me during my time with Extreme 4WD and later at 4WD Action, thank you. Your support means a lot to me and I hope that you all really enjoy Off-Road Addiction when it hits the stands!

Cheers,

Rick.

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » December 11th, 2011, 9:02 am

Rick wrote:OK guys, it's time to clear a few things up.
SNIP
Cheers,

Rick.

Thanks for clearing that up Rick, nice to know what the deal was and why the mag went to s#!t. just a shame it took us the readers so long to find out what the deal was and that our subscriptions have been wasted.

New mag sounds good. Also sounds kinda like "extreme" was meant to be?

I will buy it when it comes out. But i think i'm done with subscriptions though.

Return to “Extreme Tech”