Was that the last Extreme Mag ?

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
Mick.

Re: Was that the last Extreme Mag ?

Unread post by Mick. » September 24th, 2011, 11:42 am

They rang me up about 2 weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to resubscribe to it. :rolleyes:
[size=150][color=blue]Micks HID Projector Retrofits[/color][/size]
[size=150][color=red]All custom work and DIY kits available.[/color][/size]
[size=150][color=blue]PM me or phone on 0403596123[/color][/size]

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » September 26th, 2011, 7:45 am

They rang me too. But then couldn't even tell me how many issues I had left. Got grumpy at me asking such a hard question!!! And hung up on me..

Tarzan
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tarzan » October 5th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Reidys Lux sezzzzzzz
They rang me too. But then couldn't even tell me how many issues I had left. Got grumpy at me asking such a hard question!!! And hung up on me..
Hey Alan, guys,
I thought the last issue was rather disappointing too. I love the thought of a extreme 4wd magazine though. So how about we tell'em what we want to see?

Personally I'd like to see peoples home built trucks. The type that get built for fun times out in the bush. I wouldn't mind seeing a DVD showing the different lines different trucks & drivers pick and who makes it up the best climb. welding techniques, tube bending techniques, (magwheels steel wheels and the different effects on the vehicle. (I've got heavy steel bead locked rims to help prevent rollovers) how to weld beadlocks onto your rims, some comp rigs thrown into the equation wouldn't be too bad. If any of the extreme staff are interested I've got lists of things from my own experience and from what some of the guys in the Hard Core Crew have done to their rigs. Ie. solid axle swaps. in a surf or like our mate -PAJ- that found a Dana Jeep diff to be an answer. REDNECKRACING that made a complete supercharger manifold/pulley set up & installed it himself. Custom trays, I wouldn't of minded some pointers on making that! Lately I've welded up a toe/recovery point, wouldn't minded learning a couple of things before I started that either. There's heaps & heaps of interesting stuff for the vids and the mag.
What'd ya think guys? Here's a pic of the recovery point below, sorry it's so blurry....I'll go back and read the article on taking pics,LOL

P.S. Alan it's been a while bud, howz about a trip over the cup weekend?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sim79
Need to get out more

Unread post by Sim79 » October 6th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Tarzan wrote: So how about we tell'em what we want to see?
Why? The mag doesn't exist anymore

Do you have time machine?

Tarzan
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tarzan » October 7th, 2011, 4:45 am

Going on what the blokes in the above posts have said, ie. they've been asked to resubscribe; maybe the fat lady hasn't sung extreme mags death yet....Hope not.

Sim79
Need to get out more

Unread post by Sim79 » October 9th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Your right they can make heaps more issues if they keep cutting and pasting the old issues.

My guess is the next issue will only be about previously featured Patrols.

Struth
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Struth » October 13th, 2011, 9:37 pm

At least Tarzan is being proactive and he has some good ideas for content in the mag. Hopefully it's not dead just yet.

Who is at the helm of this mag these days?

Cheers

Sim79
Need to get out more

Unread post by Sim79 » October 15th, 2011, 7:39 pm

Struth wrote: Who is at the helm of this mag these days?
Look in subscription section you can't subscribe to get this mag anymore.

Buy Dirt Comp, the latest issue is great, heaps of comps covered.

reidys lux
Been here a while

Latest "extreme" mag.

Unread post by reidys lux » October 31st, 2011, 4:34 pm

Got the latest excuse for a "new mag" today in the post, "patrol special" which is french for "no one will notice these are all re-used articles"
Once again, poor effort, pretty sure I could make my own copy too, I've got plenty of old mags lying around, i'll just choose some articles out of them and put them in a new cover
PATHETIC EFFORT 4WDA!!! and i bet they wont even jump on and defend it!!!
Maybe they can tell me what articles they're going to steal the next issue from and save me the hassle of waiting, i'll go back thru my old issues.
Where was the coutesy call from the mag asking if we wanted re-hashed cr@*p??? I would have prefferred they put my "extreme" subscription to my "4wda" subscription.
Ban me for my rant, couldn't really care less. Just hope people see this before they go spend any of their hard earned on a "patrol special"
PS. this is also about your previous issues of "extreme"

joshy
Need to get out more

Unread post by joshy » November 1st, 2011, 4:29 pm

Yep another toilet paper edition. Havent even edited the articles to suit, refering to pages that the magazine doesnt even go to! (quiz questions at the end of the flex article!)
Sas'd Navara..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30224

Tow/Tourer 76 cruiser
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=133211

Built not Bought

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » November 4th, 2011, 6:40 am

haha, thats gold!! hadn't noticed their incorrect page references!! didnt use mine for toilet paper, the printing makes it too shiny!!

c'mon STAFF, come justify your magazine that cost us subscribers good money!!!!!!! :irked:

I had started a new thread about the latest one, but someone closed it and moved my post in here :rolleyes:

4WD Action
Here and there

Unread post by 4WD Action » November 4th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Hey guys,
We apologise for the changes in Extreme in the last few issues and also apologise for the late response to this thread, with Rick's changing role and staff levels Extreme has, lets be honest, gone on the backburner slightly. This does not mean it won't come back however, we are currently looking for ways to re-launch Extreme and make it bigger and better. Part of that is ensuring we have a market for the title. So if you have a 4WD thats Extreme worthy shoot us an email to customs@4wdaction.com.au or post it here along with any comments about what you guys would like to see in Extreme magazine in the future! We will take all your comments under consideration and work to come up with a plan to see Extreme re-establish its credibility and become a great magazine for you guys!

Mr_Luxy
Here and there

Unread post by Mr_Luxy » November 4th, 2011, 2:06 pm

4wd Action, thanks for the late reply. How ever with my latest dealings with the Express Motoring Group have pissed me off with the poor customer service and the Deals that come with magazine subscriptions, Namely the change of total amount being charged after agreeing to the deal and the lack of staff help when trying to sort out this mess, Have left me without any other option then to no longer deal with Express Motoring Group and 4wd Action. I hope that any one reading this ask for any subscription deal they are thinking about getting in writing as the Staff do not tell you the full amount you will be paying.

I have decided to cancel my subscription and subscribe to another non Express Motoring Group Magazine and will be spreading the word on how sh*t this company is to deal with.
94 Lux - South African Import. Superchared 4y, 3 inch EFS Comfort suspension, Bullbar, Winch, Custom Snorkel, Custom Tray, Rock Sliders, 35 Creepy Crawlers....... More to Come.

reidys lux
Been here a while

Unread post by reidys lux » November 5th, 2011, 8:42 am

4wd action wrote:Hey guys,
We apologise for the changes in Extreme in the last few issues and also apologise for the late response to this thread, with Rick's changing role and staff levels Extreme has,". This does not mean it won't come back however, we are currently looking for ways to re-launch Extreme and make it bigger and better. Part of that is ensuring we have a market for the title. So if you have a 4WD thats Extreme worthy shoot us an email to customs@4wdaction.com.au or post it here along with any comments about what you guys would like to see in Extreme magazine in the future! We will take all your comments under consideration and work to come up with a plan to see Extreme re-establish its credibility and become a great magazine for you guys!
Thanks for an apology.....,
But that however does not make up for wasting "the last few issues" of my subscription!!
A way to "re-launch and make it bigger and better" would have been not to screw over subscribers out of their last few editions/money!!.
" So if you have a 4WD thats Extreme worthy shoot u blah blah..." how about tuff truck that was run with the largest field yet this year???? nothing there extreme enough???

Are you going to reimburse the subscribers or extend their subscriptions until you release an actual NEW magazine?????

joshy
Need to get out more

Unread post by joshy » November 5th, 2011, 5:16 pm

I had a few guys from the mag approach me during the show n shine at tuff truck wanting to put it in the mag, then never heard from em again. I wont be resubscribing to any of there mags again after this extreme joke. Could have at least asked us if we wanted custom action or another mag while they stood extreme down.
Sas'd Navara..
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30224

Tow/Tourer 76 cruiser
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=133211

Built not Bought

Return to “Extreme Tech”