38.5 on a soa 75 series ?

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
patrol17
Part of the furniture

Re: 38.5 on a soa 75 series ?

Unread post by patrol17 » June 14th, 2012, 9:29 pm

38.5's thats what i ran on my 60.

michaelwitham
Been here a while

Unread post by michaelwitham » June 16th, 2012, 10:32 pm

mate that is one tuff truck engineered?

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » June 17th, 2012, 9:45 am

The big problem is people don't understand what "Engineered" means....
Engineered only confirms that the modifications have been carried out in such a manner , they they will not cause the safety or operation of the modified item to be compromised in any way.......It does not mean you are within the ADR's which govern whether or not it is legal for road use....they are 2 very different things.
You can engineer pretty much anything to say its well done, and well thought out, but it still might not be legal for road use.
This shocks a lot of people when their insurance is wiped when they go for a claim.....
Most people are wasting their money paying premiums, because if its not legal, you are on your own, even if you are engineered........the only way is to make sure your insurance company is happy with ever mod......its a bit hard to change tyres back to legal size when you are being carted off in an ambo.......

bigpig
Avid Poster

Unread post by bigpig » June 17th, 2012, 11:03 pm

Harb, you seem incorrect in your statement to me. The Engineer is signing it off to say its road worthy in that state.
The engineer not only has to make sure the modification has been done in a way that does not take away from the operational safety of the vehicle but they must also make sure they abide by any federal (ADR) or state rules that have been made for the specific vehicle. ADR's it has to comply with are the ones written on the compliance plate.
The only reason the insurance company can back out is if you havent told them that the vehicle has been modified. Once you tell them, they could choose not to, and you go elswhere or they cover it with the modification.

patrol17
Part of the furniture

Unread post by patrol17 » June 21st, 2012, 9:25 pm

michaelwitham wrote:mate that is one tuff truck engineered?

Lift,tyres etc nothing was, i had my rego ticket so having that help's when having trucks like this. But was strickly driven from home to the tracks as i had a daily driver :cool:

bluey85
Been here a while

Unread post by bluey85 » October 24th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Hope you cut the back of the front guard lol

Return to “Extreme Tech”