Logging in problems

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
admin
Here and there

Re: Logging in problems

Unread post by admin » November 14th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Turns out most of the 'logging in' problems we're seeing are duplicate accounts (from the old site and the forum), or because users are using IE7 or IE8 in IE7 compatibility mode (the most common).

IE7 is over 5 years old and we do not support it 100%. We recommend upgrading to IE9, or using an alternative and FASTER browser Chrome or Firefox.

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 14th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Thanks for the update, good advice!
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » November 14th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Eh Mr Admin :-)

I often seem to have an issue when visiting via a link from my email,
Ok using outlook, click on a link to an update of a thread I am watching, FireFox opens I go to the thread but I am only a visitor! and often must log in - then try the link again!
Is there anything I can change to make this more fluid.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

azzad
Avid Poster

Unread post by azzad » November 15th, 2011, 5:57 pm

Because of the old or out of date browser notification you cant login; it covers the location where the login stuff is.

Only a problem on my work PC that I have no control over what software is on it.

Dazza

admin
Here and there

Unread post by admin » November 21st, 2011, 12:30 pm

azzad wrote:Because of the old or out of date browser notification you cant login; it covers the location where the login stuff is.

Only a problem on my work PC that I have no control over what software is on it.

Dazza
While this wasn't the specific reason why the login wasn't showing, it has been remedied none the less for those users on an old version of IE. While we cannot provide proper support for login issues for those users on IE 6 & 7, we of course still want to give as much as possible and let you login!!

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 21st, 2011, 1:12 pm

Cool will try it on my phone as I was having trouble getting the pop up to show to let me log in on it

azzad
Avid Poster

Unread post by azzad » November 22nd, 2011, 7:29 am

All sorted thanks

Dazza

SGT91
I'm new, be nice!

Drama's using forum on Chrome?

Unread post by SGT91 » December 8th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Hey all, been trying to use the forum for ages, only it wouldn't work on Google Chrome. It kept loging me out everytime I would go to a new page. Is it just me? Any work arounds? Cheers guys :confused:
----SGT91----

Pajo

Re: Drama's using forum on Chrome?

Unread post by Pajo » December 8th, 2011, 4:09 pm

SGT91 wrote:Hey all, been trying to use the forum for ages, only it wouldn't work on Google Chrome. It kept loging me out everytime I would go to a new page. Is it just me? Any work arounds? Cheers guys :confused:

Hey mate you will get a better response if you posted this up in forum news and updates, there's a section there for log in problems.

Peter.
A HOUSE IS A MANS CASTLE..............WHEN THE WIFE IS OUT.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 8th, 2011, 4:22 pm

I've merged it into the thread Pajo

Have a read SGT91 & if what's here already doesn't answer/solve your problem, post up here with exactly what happens and we'll try to help.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » December 8th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Yeah should work fine on chrome..
First suggestion for testing try private browsing.

SGT91
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by SGT91 » January 29th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Hey all thanks for the suggestions, today, it works... so i guess that makes this my first day :P
----SGT91----

Foo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Foo » January 30th, 2012, 5:20 pm

I quite often get just a white screen when I log in, even though it says complete! :confused:

Foo

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » January 30th, 2012, 6:37 pm

SGT91 if private browsing works then there might be some cookies that need cleaning up..?

Foo have not had that one.. When it happens is it really slow to load? Might be timing out before it loads?

Wombat200
Been here a while

Unread post by Wombat200 » May 21st, 2012, 3:59 pm

I'm having significant, infuriating login problems. Every time I log in, then attempt to post (IE - type post then click 'submit') I get redirected to the login page. After logging in again 'successfully' (HANDLE SHOWING IN TOP RIGHT OF SCREEN), my post has disappeared & I have an empty box again..... type response, click submit, then have to login again.... Tried to post my recent post in the Ranger forum about 15 times earlier......

I'm running IE9.

I've also tried to reset my password - the one-time login directs me through to my account page to change my password, but when I click 'save', it goes to an 'Access Denied' page of a very confused Roothy - to be honest, I'm more confused (and getting angry) than he is.....

I'm getting really frustrated & it's impacting on my level of interest here, to be honest.... If I can't post or even log in, I won't bother visiting very much......This was attempt 15 at writing this post..... Can someone please email me at wombat200@hotmail.com, as it's near-on impossible to post here...

Return to “Extreme Tech”