Logging in problems

Think 33s are small and 2in lifts are for tourers? Discuss hardcore 4WDing with fellow enthusiasts
TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Re: Logging in problems

Unread post by TroopiePete » October 21st, 2011, 9:43 pm

It seems the Forum is still not working correctly!
I had an email alerting me of a private message, I was able to view this but the system still showed me as a guest, it also did not record me as reading the message, so when I next logged into the forum I still had a new message to read.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 21st, 2011, 10:25 pm

Peter @ Aawen4x4 wrote:The Forum DOES have an entirely different Username & Login system to the rest of the Website, Shed included! Have you Registered a Username & Password in the Website, not just here in the Forum? And EMG have done that for a purpose (don't ask me, I'm not privy to that!) - but it isn't likely to change, either. There was a way to retrieve your Shed details, I think in this section, in one of the threads.
All over-taken by events since the Oct '11 Upgrade - You'll now have one common username for the Forum and the Shed.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 21st, 2011, 10:29 pm

Troopie, there are still some on-going problems with the Upgrade, the IT blokes are working on them and the logging in issues are being given a high priority - this last week in particular has been quite bad for odd things happening like this, but they are slowly weeding all the issues out & getting it all working properly. Please bear with them for a while, say another week?? If not sorted by then, drop another post in here or in any one of the applicable Upgrade Issues threads in the Forum News & Upgrades section and it'll get chased up.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » November 9th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Im logged in as a quest at the moment of this post, so i shouldn't be able to post anything...is that correct.

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 9th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Would you have used a bookmark to log in on the forum rather than using the drop down box?

I think there is a fix coming but that is one of the issues atm..
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

ROBSKI
Forum Clown

Re: Forum system updates

Unread post by ROBSKI » November 10th, 2011, 11:34 am

Thanks for the heads up
opti wrote:Yep a massive 100kw engine that wouldn't pull jesus off his cross .

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 10th, 2011, 11:59 am

Awesome, the new login worked well. :thumb:

ROBSKI
Forum Clown

Unread post by ROBSKI » November 10th, 2011, 12:05 pm

sure is, I just hit the link in the subscription email I just got and came straight here. For the last week or so I used to get Roothies ugly mug show up and say something was wrong and I needed to log in... :frog:
opti wrote:Yep a massive 100kw engine that wouldn't pull jesus off his cross .

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 10th, 2011, 12:17 pm

I used my normal bookmark and it told me where to login instead of only loging in to the forum!
Top stuff

whizzo
Need to get out more

Unread post by whizzo » November 11th, 2011, 8:13 am

OH halelula..looks like I can post again after over a month....no matter what i did it would not let me post...I have never had this sort of trouble with any other forum.

cheers

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » November 12th, 2011, 2:15 pm

I have put up two posts today and neither have made it into the threads.

Come on 4wd Action - if you are going to do an upgrade you really need to get it debugged before you bring it on line and not leave it for us to debug it for you. I am on a lot of other forums and this is one of the worst for bugs. You say this version is better than the old orange version but from my point of view it is worse.

Yes if I don't ;like it I don't have to use it but it is a good forum when it runs.

Now - I wonder if this post will get up.

Garry

bazzaboy
Been here a while

Unread post by bazzaboy » November 12th, 2011, 3:17 pm

I've just about lost the plot. I can not login from home on my PC using Firefox V8, or from my works PC using latest IE. This has only happened over the last week, prior to that, no problems. All my temp files & cookies are deleted each time both PC's switch off. I've logged multiple comments via "feedback" and have not received a resolution to this issue. It has now resulted in me gaining member access via the "change password" request, as there seems to be no other way for me to get on as a "member". I continually try to change my password but as I cant get access, I don't think it works?I like the the site set-up, but this login issue is becoming a real PITA and wearing a bit thin now.
Bazza.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 12th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Garry when you say they are not going up what is happening after you click submit?
Normally it should take you straight to the post you have submitted, is it attempting to do this or giving an error? Or maybe warning you of a new PM? If you are not getting permission errors or asked to login repeatedly then it must not be a login problem but is something to do with the posting. Any extra info would be good.

Bazza have you tried using private browsing in either browser to see if that lets you in? There was a patch put in I think earlier this week which logged everyone out and since then I haven't heard of any issues until today so I think the issues have 99% been resolved. Try private browsing if it works there is still a cookie giving you trouble. If not then we can look further.

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » November 12th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Well my post above obviously worked - I posted a response to that thread about using 12v gear on a 24v vehicle (I have a 24v vehicle and outlined a range of options) - I hit submit and then went back to the forum - I was logged on. Also happened to a earlier post this morning.

Garry

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » November 12th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Yeah didn't see a post from you in that thread..
Hmm not sure why it would take you there..
Were you using quick reply? Just wondering if there is something nearby that could have been clicked..
If it happens again click the back buttons and your text is potentially still there, either that or click copy before you post until we can figure out why it has / is happening..

Return to “Extreme Tech”