(NSW) Yuraygir national park

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
Snerk
Been here a while

Unread post by Snerk » August 5th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Its a lovely spot.

4wd26
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd26 » August 6th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Heading to Corindi, for 5 days starting this weekend. Hope to see what all the fuss is about.
ML Triton 3.2 DID Auto.
Bilstein Suspension lift, 32" MTR Kevlar tyres, VMS, canopy and ARB Protection
[url=http://www.tlcv.org.au/eTreks.htm]National E Trek Libary[/url]
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/australiagettingoutthere/home]Getting Out There[/url]

Curtly
Avid Poster

Unread post by Curtly » August 6th, 2009, 12:40 pm

4wd26 wrote:Heading to Corindi, for 5 days starting this weekend. Hope to see what all the fuss is about.
Mate just check the tides before crossing the creek into the camping area. The low tide tomorrow is about 2.30pm at Corindi Beach.

Curt.

Corindi

Unread post by Corindi » August 19th, 2009, 12:42 am

tinkera wrote:.heading down to brooms head camping ground 31st august till 5th might check out some of those spots.how's the beach around sandon river has there been much errosion
Recently spent a week camping there myself and the beach was erroded realy badly, but it was recovering remarkably quickly. There was about half a metre of sand returned to the beach during the week I was there and by the time we left, sandon was accessible all but the very top of the tide. Have fun mate, plenty of bream around.
www.BillabongFurniture.com.au

boogie74
Getting to know the place

Unread post by boogie74 » August 19th, 2009, 1:05 am

I went to Sandon River about 6 years ago. Love that place. Awesome part of Australia.

Corindi

Unread post by Corindi » August 19th, 2009, 1:07 am

boogie74 wrote:I went to Sandon River about 6 years ago. Love that place. Awesome part of Australia.
Yeah it is, top fishing spot too. I guess thats why ET and a few others from the footy show have houses there.
www.BillabongFurniture.com.au

tinkera
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tinkera » August 23rd, 2009, 10:18 pm

Thanks CORINDI for the heads up on pebbly. Great part of the world your living.Won,t be long now till where down that way ourselves.Had many holidays around yamba area. First time in camper trailer nicknamed by friends (THE DROUGHT BREAKER).

itayrotem
I'm new, be nice!

Re: (NSW) Yuraygir national park

Unread post by itayrotem » August 19th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Hi,

Does anybody know of any tracks on the northern end closer to Angourie?
Thanks

BennyT50
Avid Poster

Unread post by BennyT50 » August 19th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Have camped many times at Brooms Head. Went for a drive down to the northern side of Sandon and looked over a some great homes on the southern side.

Thought I would like to see Sandon from the southern side, so went to Minnie Waters but didn't know where to go from there to get to the houses on the southern side.

Anyone able to help? You must be able to get in some way, otherwise how were the houses built. I do believe ET has a home there, but how does he get in?

BennyT50
BennyT50 - BT-50 SDX Dual Cab
Canopy, Bullbar, Tub Liner, ERPS, Snorkel, UHF, Dual battery, Side steps, Towbar, In-car camera.

chisel
Been here a while

Unread post by chisel » August 23rd, 2013, 2:19 pm

BennyT50 wrote:Have camped many times at Brooms Head. Went for a drive down to the northern side of Sandon and looked over a some great homes on the southern side.

Thought I would like to see Sandon from the southern side, so went to Minnie Waters but didn't know where to go from there to get to the houses on the southern side.

Anyone able to help? You must be able to get in some way, otherwise how were the houses built. I do believe ET has a home there, but how does he get in?

BennyT50
Just drive through the Illaroo campground (north of the Minnie Waters township) and find the beach entrance ... get on the beach and drive up to Sandon.

Return to “Trip Reports”