Freshwater Campground Cooloola Report

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
NKPatrolGU02
Here and there

Freshwater Campground Cooloola Report

Unread post by NKPatrolGU02 » January 4th, 2009, 9:40 pm

Just got back from Freshwater Campground and must say I was impressed by the size of the sites available. some can be small but get in early and get a generous size site. The most annoying thing this time of year is that the freshwater track is more like a highway with some very inconsiderate day users blocking the way and on a number of occasions pushing other drivers of the track. The beach was packed and very soft on the high tide and not recommended if towing a trailer. The Cooloola way is passable with mild to moderate corrogations. I will post photos soon of the tracks and campground.
[b]GU III, "TOUGH TOURER BUILD UP!!!!!" safari snorkel, factory bull bar, Powerful 4x4 steel roof rack, Mickey Thompson's, Custom rear drawers, and working on the rest "If the handbrake lets me!"[/b]

Kiwi n Oz
Been here a while

Unread post by Kiwi n Oz » January 8th, 2009, 7:39 pm

NKPatrolGU02 wrote:Just got back from Freshwater Campground and must say I was impressed by the size of the sites available. some can be small but get in early and get a generous size site. The most annoying thing this time of year is that the freshwater track is more like a highway with some very inconsiderate day users blocking the way and on a number of occasions pushing other drivers of the track. The beach was packed and very soft on the high tide and not recommended if towing a trailer. The Cooloola way is passable with mild to moderate corrogations. I will post photos soon of the tracks and campground.

Looking forward to your pics of the tracks and campground.

Return to “Trip Reports”