Tallarook Aus day with pics

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
Simex Mav
Been here a while

Unread post by Simex Mav » January 30th, 2007, 9:15 am

No one went over to the rocks anyways did they? :confused:

Find out that then go blasting off to the media if not.. well you get the idea.:mad:

And lastly get Warragul rocks taken off the Roof Tops map. Then you might not get so many people coming to see the wonderfull views from your property, as it states on the map.. .

Qouted from Rooftops Map:

Warragul Rocks:

These are located on XXXX XXXXX XX and are on private property. They offer a spectacular view of the Gouldburn River seemingly directly below.

Now i see that it mentions private property, but that depscription sure as hell sounds rather encouraging to go see the views...

MudRhino
Part of the furniture

Unread post by MudRhino » January 30th, 2007, 9:20 am

I was up there on the weekend - and though I can not speak for everyone as there were way too many trucks to keep track of - I can assure you any group I was with didn't cross into any private property.

We, as responsible track users, have the highest respect for both private property and closures.

If your property was crossed by some of our more 'inexperienced' drivers, I sincerely apologise.

Let us all try and use this experience to be more aware and respectful of one another - and hopefully that is as far as it will need to go
[font=Arial Narrow][color=royalblue][color=deepskyblue][b]4WD Offroading & Modifications [url=http://www.MUDRHINO.COM.AU]WWW.MUDRHINO.COM.AU[/url] :eek: [/b][/color][/color][/font]

ROC.HRD
Been here a while

Unread post by ROC.HRD » January 30th, 2007, 11:24 am

well what can i say..... After a great weekend, with a group of people of all ages, im shocked to hear his news.
As a leader of one of the groups, i know for sure that we never crossed onto privte property at any stage of the weekend. We all were resposable 4wdrivers, stuck to the tracks on the map and treaded lightly. We left the campground cleaner than when we arrived.

Why am i so shocked,.... because we all did the right thing and once again, out come the negative comments.

The people from this fourm where not the only people in the area, there were the clowns across the water, and shooters, amoungest others.

Was there damage to the property?
Do you have proof of property being trespassed on?
and if so why not take action there and then?

Sorry to hear about this news, but you can be sure that we all obay the rules and respect the bush.
We love the bush too.
You get one chance at life......
don't spend it on the chicken track

Bond
Avid Poster

Unread post by Bond » January 30th, 2007, 12:30 pm

Looked like a good trip. I will have to come next time.

Bond
94 GQ 4" lifted

Warragul Rocks
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Warragul Rocks » January 30th, 2007, 12:51 pm

To all that have replied , i relise that no one crossed the boundary because i was there from Thursday to Sunday but in my letter i never said that anyone did either.
I am trying to get a piont across from a land holder and to make people be aware of there actions and the impact they have on others , i am the person constantly battling having to repair what little fences there are and putting up with vandalism ,
in my letter i mentioned that its unfortunate how the minority ruin it for the majority and i relise that 99% of the people here would be very responsible , that is why i am not going to do anything about it apart from bring it to the surface here, but show as to how far it can go aswell.

I am a keen 4 wheeler and trail bike rider so i dont want more forest closed off and great tracks being bulldozed in either ,
so i can relate to both sides, what we get out of this is those that took signs and tresspassing not too seriously will now relise what there actions can be on others including themselves ,

all we have to do including myself when im touring is respect other peoples requests and property if there are ""do not enter" or " private property " signs - dont try and break in by cutting fences or removing gates or driving around gates , all you are doing is creating enemies and shooting your self in the foot .

SIMEX MAV , read the letter carefully before shooting your mouth off and jumping to conclusions, and no i dont get the idea , what idea should i be getting SIMEX MAV ??? Regarding rooftop maps they have neen contacted some time ago.

Thank You.

BIGADS
Been here a while

Unread post by BIGADS » January 30th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Hello BIGADS and 4 WD monthly forum members, i am the land owner of Warragul Rocks in Tallarook, the reason why i am replying to this thread is that i find it very frustrating BIGADS of your ignorance that you have clearly displayed in your post above that i have quoted.

* Firstly you mention that Warrigal rocks is on private property, so you are clearly aware of that.

*Next you go on to say that you can park near it and jump the barrier.

*Then you go on to say that the owner tends to get a bit narky but we will see on the day.

So from what i can understand is that you are encouraging people to go and tresspass and not respect other peoples property, and gathering by this thread not only a few people but the possibility of up to 40 four wheel drives and my guess is of at least 80 people ,saying 2 as a minimum per vehicle which some will have more.When i am there with my family and friends camping or working i dont need the hassle of explaining to everyone to leave.

I firmly believe that no more fuel needs to be added to the already burning fire which is trying to ban 4 wheel drives from state and national parks.

I have copied and pasted all this thread and put it in a file because i also believe that certain organisations and tv shows would find this very intresting that a so called responsible web site and mainstream magazine which is " 4 WD Monthly" has its own members not respecting other peoples property or wishes and tend to do as they please, and encourage others to do so .These are just a few of the organisations i will be starting with.
*D.N.R.E.
*Tread Lightly
*A Current Affair
*Today Tonight
*Forestry Shires

BIGADS and to other members reading this i am also a 4 wheel driver and love the bush, but at the same time i have basic morals and appreciation to other peoples land/property and possesions, which tell me not to invite people to your place BIGADS to jump the fence and see if your at home,and if you are who cares!

Its the same old story that the minority ruin it for the majority and in this case i do believe that you are the minority BIGADS and this is a classic example of how it can happen.
I suggest that in future BIGADS you think before you speak and relise that not only are you affecting your self but everyone around you.

I mentioned above that this is a "so called responsible website and magazine", well i believe that it is, and that most of its members are "responsible" so i am not going to forward this to anyone just yet for that reason, but take it as a first and last warning.
I hope you all can take something out of this and look at it from a land owners point of view , so you can see why we get pissed off, if it says keep out - do so , if there is a contact number - ring it and ask permission and i am sure you would get it, thats why the number is there !

Also i dont want this thread removed so that people cant read it , i want it seen by as many people as possible, i have contacted the moderators to do so.

Thank You.
Image Image

Well i know none of the groups i was with went onto the property.

However my post was only from personal experiance i was with the family to have a look at the views and there where people there we asked if we may have a look and they said yes but to be quick and came across a little abrupt that was the cup wekend in november thats how i know so yeah only posted on personal experiance.

Also im new to this forum and dont represent it or its memebers i apologise for any hassels caused by my previous post and am happy to discuss this as i have the up most respect for other peoples property and the wilderness. feel free to PM me.

ROC.HRD
Been here a while

Unread post by ROC.HRD » January 30th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Lets not turn this into a ***** fight, im sure everyone understands whats going on here, its an eye opener for all.
in future i'd watch carefully how i word my posts and pics.
less fuel........ less flame.
You get one chance at life......
don't spend it on the chicken track

Warragul Rocks
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Warragul Rocks » January 30th, 2007, 1:43 pm

BIGADS wrote:Well i know none of the groups i was with went onto the property.

However my post was only from personal experiance i was with the family to have a look at the views and there where people there we asked if we may have a look and they said yes but to be quick and came across a little abrupt that was the cup wekend in november thats how i know so yeah only posted on personal experiance.

Also im new to this forum and dont represent it or its memebers i apologise for any hassels caused by my previous post and am happy to discuss this as i have the up most respect for other peoples property and the wilderness. feel free to PM me.

BIGADS , thanks for your pm , and unfortunatley i used you as an example but you were in the wrong this time , there are no grudges being formed here between myself and you or anyone else, i do believe the point im trying to make has been made qutie clearly , so now lets get back to buisness and keep posting up those pics they look great !!!

Cheers.

4wd_Haggis
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd_Haggis » January 30th, 2007, 3:43 pm

Warragul Rocks wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGADS Image
yeah mate there is a corner of the dam that we went through well got stuck u go out the other end up a hill follow a little track turn right onto reservoir track which follows the creek back to army road.

Also beware warrigul rocks is on private property u can park near it and jump the barrier and have a look nice views but there may be people up there that own the land and they tend to be abit narky. we'll see on the day but yeah beautiful views.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello BIGADS and 4 WD monthly forum members, i am the land owner of Warragul Rocks in Tallarook, the reason why i am replying to this thread is that i find it very frustrating BIGADS of your ignorance that you have clearly displayed in your post above that i have quoted.

* Firstly you mention that Warrigal rocks is on private property, so you are clearly aware of that.

*Next you go on to say that you can park near it and jump the barrier.

*Then you go on to say that the owner tends to get a bit narky but we will see on the day.

So from what i can understand is that you are encouraging people to go and tresspass and not respect other peoples property, and gathering by this thread not only a few people but the possibility of up to 40 four wheel drives and my guess is of at least 80 people ,saying 2 as a minimum per vehicle which some will have more.When i am there with my family and friends camping or working i dont need the hassle of explaining to everyone to leave.

I firmly believe that no more fuel needs to be added to the already burning fire which is trying to ban 4 wheel drives from state and national parks.

I have copied and pasted all this thread and put it in a file because i also believe that certain organisations and tv shows would find this very intresting that a so called responsible web site and mainstream magazine which is " 4 WD Monthly" has its own members not respecting other peoples property or wishes and tend to do as they please, and encourage others to do so .These are just a few of the organisations i will be starting with.
*D.N.R.E.
*Tread Lightly
*A Current Affair
*Today Tonight
*Forestry Shires

BIGADS and to other members reading this i am also a 4 wheel driver and love the bush, but at the same time i have basic morals and appreciation to other peoples land/property and possesions, which tell me not to invite people to your place BIGADS to jump the fence and see if your at home,and if you are who cares!

Its the same old story that the minority ruin it for the majority and in this case i do believe that you are the minority BIGADS and this is a classic example of how it can happen.
I suggest that in future BIGADS you think before you speak and relise that not only are you affecting your self but everyone around you.

I mentioned above that this is a "so called responsible website and magazine", well i believe that it is, and that most of its members are "responsible" so i am not going to forward this to anyone just yet for that reason, but take it as a first and last warning.
I hope you all can take something out of this and look at it from a land owners point of view , so you can see why we get pissed off, if it says keep out - do so , if there is a contact number - ring it and ask permission and i am sure you would get it, thats why the number is there !

Also i dont want this thread removed so that people cant read it , i want it seen by as many people as possible, i have contacted the moderators to do so.

Thank You.
Good Point mate. But i'm glad u r not takin it any further because it is not the magazines responsability for its members and what they get up to. Everyone on that weekend to what i believe never went on your land. The group i took was told on passing your property that it was private and not to go on.
This tread wont be removed till administrators do it when it becomes reduntant..

Thank you

shortyMQ
Been here a while

Unread post by shortyMQ » January 30th, 2007, 3:46 pm

how bout we end this positively with a big HI 5!!!!

leprinze
Here and there

Unread post by leprinze » January 30th, 2007, 3:52 pm

nice pics "thewayitis"!!!

thewayitis
Been here a while

Unread post by thewayitis » January 30th, 2007, 4:23 pm

ummm am i missing something? i went and have never ever heard of warrigal falls... too much rum in system... anyway..... does everyone want to upload there photos to that site of mine?
Chris
1991 Cruiser ute, turbo intercooled, F+R Locked, Twin Koni shocks, Coils, 35 MTZ,
2012 Mazda BT-50 GT Auto. ARB barwork/protection + Canopy, 3" Exhaust, 295/75/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
2007 HSV Maloo R8, 317.8rwkw, Custom clive cam, KPM Exhaust, Duspeed OTR

yowie
Avid Poster

Unread post by yowie » January 30th, 2007, 4:32 pm

What site is that? I must have missed it.

shortyMQ
Been here a while

Unread post by shortyMQ » January 30th, 2007, 4:41 pm

i made another movie just then of the weekend, after the first one got wiped when the program shutdown. But the freakin program shutdown again, and i gotta do it all again!!!!!! I am mega pissed!!!!

thewayitis
Been here a while

Unread post by thewayitis » January 30th, 2007, 4:43 pm

ironically enough.. www.thewayitis.tk
Chris
1991 Cruiser ute, turbo intercooled, F+R Locked, Twin Koni shocks, Coils, 35 MTZ,
2012 Mazda BT-50 GT Auto. ARB barwork/protection + Canopy, 3" Exhaust, 295/75/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
2007 HSV Maloo R8, 317.8rwkw, Custom clive cam, KPM Exhaust, Duspeed OTR

Return to “Trip Reports”