Few hours trip around the corner.

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
Animal89
Here and there

Few hours trip around the corner.

Unread post by Animal89 » July 24th, 2018, 11:03 pm

Sooo yesterday i was with my little girl at my friends hotel where he has got a little off road shop, to buy rear axle seals and bearings. After this we were returning home longer way stopping at several places. And it was a little trip:
We started from my home in Jedlina Zdrój and go to Jarkowice village to "Lucky Seven" hotel. http://www.noclegi-agroturystyka.com.pl/
Our beasts:
Next stop was a Bukówka Lake, that was made in 1907 year as a reservoir. In 1997 there was a flood and the lake reduced power of the great wave about 81% Now peoples are resting on the rocky beach of Bukówka lake:

Animal89
Here and there

Re: Few hours trip around the corner.

Unread post by Animal89 » July 24th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Next stop was closed in 2013 porphyry mine near city of Boguszów Gorce:
Next in our trip was drive on Borowa mountain. Few shots from the road:

Animal89
Here and there

Unread post by Animal89 » July 24th, 2018, 11:12 pm

another few climbing shots:
On the peak is builded in 2017 observation tower. Tower is 16 meters height and the view form her its awesome:

Animal89
Here and there

Unread post by Animal89 » July 24th, 2018, 11:16 pm

And slowly we're getting home cause my girl was starting to gets hungry:
And this is the end. I know that this isnt off road trip but until i fix the suspension in my "frog" im affraid to go somewhere deeper in forests or mountains.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 26th, 2018, 10:24 am

Some pretty good pics in there Animal, thanks for showing us some views of Poland. :thumb:

How far do you reckon you'd have travelled in that lot?? I take it you only went out for the day, but how many kilometres do you think you would have driven?
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Animal89
Here and there

Unread post by Animal89 » July 27th, 2018, 7:40 am

How far?.. Hmm.. I dont know if there was 100km :) traveling with 2 years old girl is little hard and as i said i dont know the car too much so its more driving on the roads :( for now :)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 29th, 2018, 9:35 am

Only 100km or so?! That's pretty good considering the state the vehicle is in, but I'm impressed that you still have places like that within such a short distance/small space - we have lots of wide open spaces here, but the 4Wheeling is slowly getting pushed further & further away from civilisation & our settled areas, sometimes taking hours (or even days) of travelling away from the cities before you can finally get off the bitumen/Highways & pull the stubby lever into 4WD!! :eek:

Still, you really do hafta practice travelling with your daughter, it's really not all that hard to travel with kids once you get their basic needs sorted (keeping them warm, safe, dry, fed, etc) and then work out how to include them in the whole 4Wheeling thing so they learn to love it & the country they get to see! The Child Bride & I travelled extensively with our kids, even when they were very young - all 4 of them had done their first multi-day 4WD Expedition before they were a month old, and we did a few multi-month trips with 4 kids under 5 years old in the vehicle! (most of it in a GQ Patrol similar to yours!) They absobloodylutely LOVED it!! They are now all grown up now, into fine healthy well adjusted & successful adults who have seen & travelled a lot if not most of their own country & they are now taking their own kids out on 4WD trips cos they love it so much! A little careful planning, preparation, & a bit of extra care is all it takes! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Animal89
Here and there

Unread post by Animal89 » August 1st, 2018, 1:09 am

The state of car isn't "that" bad, off road capability is bad, but this little trip wasnt even off road trip, if the diff lock will work I would not put even 4wd to climb on this mountain. When i will finish the suspension then i will go some more off road... There is a lot places around my corner that remember 2 World War, several years ago there was few coalmines that are closed and they are falling into ruins, and many more fun stuff :D I have weekends for my family and for riding so i will post some new trips around the corner ;)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 1st, 2018, 1:44 pm

Yeah, I should've expanded on 'the state of the vehicle' comment, so it was clear I was largely referring to how hard and extremely limited in travel the suspension would've been; you really can't tell me the ride was all that great, even on bumpy blacktop!! (If you've got any nearby!!) So I've gotta say that I'm impressed you actually managed to do as much as 100kms on even mild dirt - considering how harsh & bumpy the ride would've been!! :urgh: And it was all so close to home!! :D

Animal89
Here and there

Unread post by Animal89 » August 2nd, 2018, 2:35 am

I had k260 high roof patrol on leaf springs and previous owner done SPOA and add some leafs so car was driving like a barrow not like off road car so even on this coils y60 is . i think when i finish my suspension and diff lock i will not know what to do with it :):)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 2nd, 2018, 10:56 am

Animal89 wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 2:35 am
........ i think when i finish my suspension and diff lock i will not know what to do with it :):)
I bet you'll think of something to do with it!! :D :p ;)

Animal89
Here and there

Unread post by Animal89 » August 3rd, 2018, 6:58 am

Peter Aawen wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 10:56 am

I bet you'll think of something to do with it!! :D :p ;)
Yeah, sure. U will see when trips around the corner starts to change ;)

Return to “Trip Reports”