(Vic) Lerderderg Overnighter

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
jase15881
Getting to know the place

(Vic) Lerderderg Overnighter

Unread post by jase15881 » August 18th, 2015, 2:28 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a little recent overnighter through Lerderderg State Park with my 14yr old son.
As it was my birthday on the Saturday my partner had asked what I wanted for my birthday, naturally my response was the usuall...Beer & camping.

She suggested I take my son away for the night camping for a little bonding time. I didn't need any more encouragement than that.
Got away from work early enough to get packed and head straight to Lerderderg. As soon as we turned off my young bloke got out & aired down then it was straight through to set up camp at upper Chadwick campground.

Weather was quite mild so we rolled out the awning, set up the swags & got about to getting the fire going.
Cracked a beer (me not the young bloke) then cooked some snags over the hotplate and enjoyed the surrounding silence whilst chatting & eating dinner.

After a great night sleep we were up cooking bacon & egg rolls before getting packed up so we could hit some tracks.
We drove the tracks for a few hours, which was a heap of fun, before having to eventually head back home.
There is nothing better than getting the kids away from the ipads even for a short time camping.
Both of us had a great time away & are already planning our next getaway.

Return to “Trip Reports”