Irresponsible driver didn't bother stopping....

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
esus
I'm new, be nice!

Irresponsible driver didn't bother stopping....

Unread post by esus » August 24th, 2013, 10:36 am

Irresponsible driver
We were finishing a nice trip coming out from Simpson Desert French line. The last bit is a corrugated road from Purni Bore to Dalhousie Springs . The corrugation is really bad and you have to drive quite fast. I could see a convoy of about four or five cars coming towards me. Trying to slow down and got to left side of the track as much as possible. The first vehicle was traveling at sort of high speed and starting drifting and our side mirrors clipped. The mirror was smashed. Luckily nothing else. Immediately I stopped my car and two car cars coming opposite way stopped too. The only driver responsible for the contact did not stop at all. I managed to get him on CB radio just to learn that I was the one causing the contact. I think if there is any incident the drivers are supposed to stop and check if everything is fine. It’s really sad there are 4wdrivers acting that way.
Esus.

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Re: Irresponsible driver

Unread post by TLC60S » August 24th, 2013, 11:10 am

By law you are meant to stop after any incident. Similar thing happened to myself & a mate last year going out to the Birdsville Races . We were sitting behind a line of vehicles doing the posted 100 km /hour when a guy wanted to overtake .Mate got him on the CB said no problems we will slow down would you mine slowing down as well so not to smash our windscreens when you pass as there were rocks flying out everywhere on that section of track. The guy commented if we didn't want our windows smashed we should have stayed back on the tar.

BennyT50
Avid Poster

Re: Irresponsible driver didn't bother stopping...

Unread post by BennyT50 » August 24th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Unfortunately these sort of drivers are everywhere.

Just a few weeks ago, driving back to the Jardine River ferry, saw a car pulling a boat trailer coming towards me. Did the usual thing, slow down and move over a bit, hoping not to collect a rock when they passed. But what did the fool do, thought I was pulling over for him, so he took the centre of the road and sprayed our car with rocks. The boat trailer being so light was dancing around all over the place. The windscreen took a hit from a rock that was bigger than a cricket ball. It hit right in front of my wife and if it wasn't a laminated windscreen, she would be dead or very badly injured.

Some people have no courtesy for others at all.

BennyT50
BennyT50 - BT-50 SDX Dual Cab
Canopy, Bullbar, Tub Liner, ERPS, Snorkel, UHF, Dual battery, Side steps, Towbar, In-car camera.

zibello
Getting to know the place

Re: Irresponsible driver didn't bother stopping....

Unread post by zibello » January 1st, 2015, 2:42 am

"Did the usual thing, slow down and move over a bit, hoping not to collect a rock when they passed. But what did the fool do, thought I was pulling over for him, so he took the centre of the road and sprayed our car with rocks."

Too bad. In these situations, I have learnt it's better to take the centre of the road, so that they must slow down, than one pulls aside. Otherwise, these people just think they are king of the road and floor the accelerator

Return to “Trip Reports”