QLD - Scenic Rim 4x4 Adventure Park - CAUTION LOTS OF PICS

Daydreamin' at the desk. Caution - heaps of pics inside! This is where to put those threads telling us about your 4WD trips.
bigcheese82
Part of the furniture

QLD - Scenic Rim 4x4 Adventure Park - CAUTION LOTS OF PICS

Unread post by bigcheese82 » May 5th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Hey guys, I thought I'd post up some pics of our first trip to Scenic Rim on the long weekend that's just been. We had an awesome time and probably drank a bit too much at night but that's all part of the fun.

Along with my 105 series, was a D20 Navara with 2" lift and muddies, and a brand new stock 2011 hilux with a crazy driver who wasn't too concerned about a couple of dings and scratches.

My 105 sustained a bit of a beating, when it got a little bit intimate with a treestump - pushed in the rear panel and smashed the tail light. Adam got a slow leak in his front tyre on the Navara, and Chris scratched the front bumper and dinged up the sidesteps. Not a bad effort for a bog stock hilux - we were expecting worse!

I'd just installed the 12,000lb winch last Thursday and was keen to use it. Because we were with a std vehicle we didn't really do any hardcore tracks but we did use it to winch a dead tree up a slope for firewood. Very effective :D

Anyway, here's a few pics:

We took Campsite 10 near the top of the range. Recommended!

Adam standing next to my 105 series

Great view:

Cooking $50 worth of steaks on a rock. Possibly the best steak i've ever had in my life...

Pumping up the flat

The corner that kissed the tree stump

Healthy breakfast

Scoping out a black run

Lining it up

Steep angle halfway up

The stock lux was fine with traction control

Lifting a wheel

In the playground

A clean lux we saw on the day

HT tyres were Chris' undoing

Smiles all round

Are you done yet Tom?

After a great weekend, and only being an hour out of Brisbane - (5 minutes from Beaudesert), it's highly recommended for anyone. Standard cars and up are catered for!
Everyone should check it out, just don't take campsite 10 [in case we want it next time!!]

P.S. happy to say Chris' Hilux is now in the shop getting a 2" lift and 32" muddies :D
Tom - '99 105 HZJ105R GXL, manual, 2" lift, 305 Bighorns, snorkel, dual battery, uhf, fridge, 12,000lb Mako winch w/ synthetic, 6x HID spots

Foo
Need to get out more

Re: QLD - Scenic Rim 4x4 Adventure Park - CAUTION LOTS OF PI

Unread post by Foo » May 7th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Looks like a good time was had by all! :cool:

james2801
Been here a while

Unread post by james2801 » June 14th, 2013, 12:16 pm

Mate, that looks like it was an awesome, I've heard a lot about the Scenic Rim 4wd park. I'll have to get down there one day.

terryhillbilly
Here and there

Unread post by terryhillbilly » March 5th, 2014, 6:24 pm

I am 45 mins from there. Now i will be definitely checking it out. What are they stinging ya to stay there??

Cheers
Tez

Return to “Trip Reports”