my ex

By popular demand!
98fex
Been here a while

my ex

Unread post by 98fex » July 26th, 2009, 6:32 pm

just a few pic of my ex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steelo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by steelo » July 26th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Looks good with the lift, muddies, snorkel & black rims. Did you do the snorkel & bash plate yourself?
1999 WJ Grand Cherokee Laredo Jeep - no mods as yet but.......

98fex
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fex » July 26th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Yes for both the snorkel is off an 08 hilux ebay for $25 and total cost $55.00 fitted the bash plate cost me $0.00 and side steps all so cost $0.00 and the roof rack cost $100

xr8motiv8s
Been here a while

Unread post by xr8motiv8s » August 6th, 2009, 9:47 pm

Do either of ya know of anyone who has a bullbar for a 99 explorer or a rear bar with spare wheel holder.Or somewhere in australia that would sell these things....:crazy:

steelo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by steelo » August 6th, 2009, 9:52 pm

xr8motiv8s wrote:Do either of ya know of anyone who has a bullbar for a 99 explorer or a rear bar with spare wheel holder.Or somewhere in australia that would sell these things....:crazy:
Where are you? i.e. state & city

xr8motiv8s
Been here a while

Unread post by xr8motiv8s » August 6th, 2009, 10:05 pm

Am in Parkes New South Wales about centre of nsw and.....read some things on torsion bars how would you raise it like i have read...:waycool:

98fex
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fex » August 12th, 2009, 10:01 pm

check ebay for the bull bar. That is only way you can raise it before you do upgade your torsion bar and sorry to say ford is the only place to get them I put 2 sizes bigger made a big differance I had UB (25.5mm) and UD(27.9mm) in as well you can do a body lift.

Taxman
Been here a while

Unread post by Taxman » September 8th, 2009, 5:43 pm

98fex

How are you going getting your beast fixed? Pity you didn't live closer to me, I am contemplating selling mine - battery keeps losing its charge and the auto is stuck in limp mode You could have swapped your auto into mine of my engine into yours.

Don't really want to sell it as it is the best vehicle I have ever had, but with lack of work and no real job on the horizon and a monthly mortgage that continues to raise its ugly head I don't really have any option as I don't have the $$$$ to fix/replace the auto. Quotes range from "Off the top of my head in the vicinity of two grand" to "I don't fix em I just replace em from five n half thou" not one of them even hooked up the odb meter to find out what was wrong.

Why is it that anyone (particularly mechanics) who sees someone driving a 4x4 automatically assumes that they have a bottomless pit of money and you can rob them blind?
1996 Explorer Limited, extra leaf in rear suspension, 50mm Torsion Bar lift,driving & fog lights.

1991 Surf, Bullbar, Towbar, 50mm suspension lift

98fex
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fex » September 13th, 2009, 9:41 pm

Taxman wrote:98fex

How are you going getting your beast fixed? Pity you didn't live closer to me, I am contemplating selling mine - battery keeps losing its charge and the auto is stuck in limp mode You could have swapped your auto into mine of my engine into yours.

Don't really want to sell it as it is the best vehicle I have ever had, but with lack of work and no real job on the horizon and a monthly mortgage that continues to raise its ugly head I don't really have any option as I don't have the $$$$ to fix/replace the auto. Quotes range from "Off the top of my head in the vicinity of two grand" to "I don't fix em I just replace em from five n half thou" not one of them even hooked up the odb meter to find out what was wrong.

Why is it that anyone (particularly mechanics) who sees someone driving a 4x4 automatically assumes that they have a bottomless pit of money and you can rob them blind?
I am using mine for spares because its got a bent chassis so in my hunt for another car I found a 98 ex xlt for $800 with $1400 spent on it for RWC a week later he broke a timing chain so I am getting a motor off peter on ebay so for $4630 I got new car with a new motor and anew gearbox out of my ex . all happens in 2 weeks

steelo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by steelo » September 14th, 2009, 8:57 am

A bit of luck there, good to hear.
But ummm how'd you bend your chassis????? :crazy:;)

98fex
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fex » September 14th, 2009, 8:21 pm

steelo wrote:A bit of luck there, good to hear.
But ummm how'd you bend your chassis????? :crazy:;)
when I bought I found out it was repairable writeoff and when I did the top ball joints the fruntend bloke let me know the chassis is bent on the right side. can't wait for the new one it got delivered today at peter's place.

somethingwithletters
I'm new, be nice!

Re: my ex

Unread post by somethingwithletters » June 17th, 2011, 1:19 am

G'day mate, when you fitted the snorkel did you do any water proofing to any of the engine electronics? I'm thinking about running some pipe under bonnet to the back of the engine bay. I don't really do many water crossings but the air inlet is behind the headlight and it sucks up water even from big puddles on the road lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steelo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by steelo » June 18th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Yeah, know what you mean about that but what's more of a hassle is that UNDERNEATH the air-box is a relay box. It has the relays for a few things in it the main one being the alarm ( I think that's it's name) & when it gets wet it shuts & locks everything down & I do mean EVERYTHING. It's a bastard of a thing to get to as well as I've had to do it a couple of times, & when the motors hot it's no fun. You have to take it apart & dry the relays & connections, in the end I tipped it up on its end so water drained out & wrapped it in plastic, this seemed to work. :D

98fex
Been here a while

Unread post by 98fex » June 18th, 2011, 9:16 pm

yes fuel pump relay is in that box

steelo
Part of the furniture

Unread post by steelo » June 20th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Yep & your steering locks, your gears lock (which means your wheels lock), your ignition locks, everything locks when those relays get wet.

Return to “Explorer”