Where do I get parts to upgrade my Explorer?!

By popular demand!
Soy711
I'm new, be nice!

Where do I get parts to upgrade my Explorer?!

Unread post by Soy711 » July 31st, 2014, 3:46 pm

I have a Ford Explorer XLT 2002 4.0L V6 Auto.
I am struggling to find parts for this to give it an upgrade. i have seen other explorers in same model have upgrades, but no other forums will help.
I use this car all for off road. it goes exceptionally well, just drinks a tank full of juice quicker i can down a 6-pack.
I am looking for a full body lift and a snorkel kit. the rest is already on doing its thing.
Can anyone direct me to a happy place? cheers

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re: Where do I get parts to upgrade my Explorer?!

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » July 31st, 2014, 6:49 pm

USA mate. Unfortunately, you will have a hard time getting mods over here. They are just not common enough, and those that you do see aren't used off road

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Soy711
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Soy711 » August 1st, 2014, 8:57 am

Thanks Aaron,
I have searched over there, and the ones i have got in contact with dont do the parts for the Australian version. and not all the USA models will fit our models.
Cheers for the feedback mate

Dave

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 1st, 2014, 9:47 am

Opposite Lock used to do some tougher axles & drive flanges for them, & I'm pretty sure they even had a few suspension upgrade set-ups available using Tough Dog gear, worth checking out either (or both) the Opposite Lock & the Tough Dog Websites, & maybe having a look thru their catalogues too?! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Soy711
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Soy711 » August 3rd, 2014, 9:18 pm

Thanks Peter.
I have sent an email through. hopefully i get some good feedback. I have come across others who do them for the explorer, but nothing over the 2000 model.

Return to “Explorer”