Grand Vitara Camber adj, does it make a difference?

big orse
Been here a while

Unread post by big orse » May 18th, 2009, 10:40 pm

Mechanic at Brian Gardener Suzuki told me straight out that any modification on the car will void the warranty and that definitely the wheels would void this warranty claim. He also said 'even if you change a speaker' your warranty would be void.

The other drama was that they expected me to bring the car back to the dealership that I bought it from (or get a release signed) which is 200kms away and I would have to leave it with them to be assessed and then Suzuki Australia would make a decision as to whether my claim would be warranted or not. All I can say is what a load of sh*#. I seriously wasn't going to waste my time with the dealers only to do a couple of 400km round trips plus a $450 service to maybe get a couple of camber bolts fitted.

Stealers make it so hard it isn't worth your time, effort or money.

ODA1
Been here a while

Unread post by ODA1 » May 19th, 2009, 7:01 am

Hey Jmzuk, you must of not worked in a suzuki dealership as they are %@# when it comes to warrenty, i have had troubles over the years and the cars at the time were stock

one guy said to me that it does not say in the manual that i could drive on the beach in my 4wd!!!

only way i found around this crap was to have a friend on the inside :crazy:
font of all Suzuki knowledge as another Member has said lol........

jmzuk
Getting to know the place

Unread post by jmzuk » May 23rd, 2009, 5:45 pm

Well thats a good endorsment for suzuki's. It's the 1st brand new car we have bought and the first 2 week we had it it spent in the workshop due to the 5 speed auto only liking to go as high as 3rd. Its OK now but not a great intro to Suzuki, may not ever buy another one (new one anyway) if they suck at warranties.

I have sent an email off to Suzuki Queensland to check on it just to get there view. Not really expecting a reply though.

But will let you know if I get a reply. I have a lot to do with dealerships in my work, so if no reply I'll go through one of my customers.

Cheers all.
-----------------------------------------
08 Grand Vitara, 2" lift and Alloy Bash plates, Rock Sliders coming soon, wanting some All-Terrains.

murcod
Been here a while

Unread post by murcod » May 24th, 2009, 10:10 am

That's bad luck, but don't be too worried. All new vehicles will generally suffer a couple of issues while under warranty.

I've got the 5spd auto in my '04 XL-7 and it's an excellent trans. One of the best autos I've ever driven (miles better that the 5spd auto in my wife's Mazda 6.) I've always bought manuals because I hate autos, but this one I actually reckon is better than having the manual gearbox.
David.

csgregor
I'm new, be nice!

camber - any dangers in driving with it wrong?

Unread post by csgregor » August 18th, 2011, 4:12 pm

I'm having my 2" lift kit installed as we speak but it didnt come with the camber bolts.

is there any danger in driving it short distances until i have the bolts tomorrow?

ie. under 80km total dist.

GV88
Avid Poster

Re: camber dangers

Unread post by GV88 » August 19th, 2011, 7:40 pm

You will noticed increased tyre wear and the poor alignment will cause the vehicle to veer either left or right. Just get the camber bolt fitted at the same time when the lift is fitted. It does not cost much. Peddlers stocks the camber bolts and can also do the wheel alignment.

Return to “Grand Vitara (2005+)”