Snorkels for Grand Vitara's - what are you using?

shortyvitara94
I'm new, be nice!

Snorkels for Grand Vitara's - what are you using?

Unread post by shortyvitara94 » April 21st, 2015, 7:33 pm

Alright, I have a 2014 grand vitara short wheelbase and I'm looking into getting a snorkel but just can't find one to suit the 2.4 petrol. What snorkels are you guys using

Thanks in advance

peteryoung
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Snorkels for Grand Vitara's - what are you using?

Unread post by peteryoung » February 5th, 2016, 3:20 pm

Hi

I have the same question. I have a 2011 2.4L petrol (long wheel base). The closest I can find is that Safari make one for the diesel 1.9l model, and the body is the same so it fits outside. The issue is modifying under the bonnet.

Any ideas from anyone on this?

Thanks

peteryoung
I'm new, be nice!

Snorkels for 2011 2.4L petrol Grand Vitaras - any ideas?

Unread post by peteryoung » February 5th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Hi

I am looking for a snorkel for my 2011 2.4 litre petrol Grand Vitara. I can't find anyone who makes one. The closest I've found is that Outdoor Autos in Brisbane used to sell one - maybe an FTS model snorkel (from Taiwan I think). And Safari make one for the 2011 diesel that has the same body shape, so it fits outside but will need modifications for the under-bonnet part of the system.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Anyone fitted he diesel snorkel to their petrol Grand Vitara?

The best help in SE Qld I've had is from Off Road Central at Redcliffe. They offered to have a go at fitting the diesel Safari snorkel. No one else seems keen to get involved.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: Snorkels for Grand Vitara's - what are you using?

Unread post by typhoeus » February 8th, 2016, 3:24 pm

Unfortunately, if its a bit out of the ordinary, you will end up making/modifying one yourself. If the aircleaner is in roughly the same position, you might be able to make an adapter from the aircleaner to the snorkel from exhaust tubing. I have even seen them made from PVC pipe from bunnings.
Good luck with it and post up some pics, theres bound to be someone else who needs to do the same!

Return to “Grand Vitara (2005+)”