Re the 2.7-litre Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 (185 hp)

d_mac
Here and there

Re the 2.7-litre Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 (185 hp)

Unread post by d_mac » June 24th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Good day gentlemen.

A newbie here and also basically new to the Australian scene. If it's not much of a trouble, i wish to ask from you guys regarding this particular used Suzie Grand Vitara i came across with at a Suzuki dealer in Adelaide, that i'm considering to purchase. Thanks for your time mates - really appreciated!

IS THIS COMPACT 4x4 SUV BABY WORTH BUYING?

Summary of highlights:

1. 2.7-litre V6 Suzie Grand Vitara (185 metric-hp) all-time 4 wheel drive

2. The used unit at A$19,000 drive-away from an Adelaide-based Suzuki dealer. A brand-new Grand Vitara V6 cost A$32,990 (suggested retail price) in 2006.

3. Done 60,700 km in 6 years - original owner averaging only 10,000 km per year

4. Includes a 3-year comprehensive warranty on all parts, or up to 225,000-km mark, whichever comes first, to any Suzuki dealers in Australia.

5. Loan payment at 10.5% per annum that includes the Platinum Parts Warranty above.

6. Payment can be reconstructed at notice.

7. Freight cost to Darwin City A$1,200.

What made me to consider this as one of my options:

1. Test-drove, gunned it fast wherever there was a chance and was completely impressed by this SUV!

2. 5-speed manual transmission YES!

3. Engine uses timing gears (maintenance-free) YES!

4. Even when it comes with a low-compression ratio engine, the Vitara is better in power delivery than the entry-model 2.5-litre Subie Forester all-wheel-drive (171 metric-hp motor). One used 2008 model Forester that clocked in more than 97,000 km costs even more than this Vitara.

5. At 9.5 : 1 compression ratio it can be fed with lower-octane or regular 93-octane petrol or gasoline, and won't ping/ lean-out even when under load. The Hyundai Santa Fe petrol-option, for example, comes with a higher 10.4 : 1 compression ratio engine and demands a higher-octane gasoline when in load.

6. While it comes with a sturdy ladder-frame chassis, what surprised me is that it drives like a car! Light-and-nimble with a punchy motor even at lower revs for petrol- or gasoline-fed vehicles, i.e. 2000 rpm and below.

7. Whilst the Grand Vitara is also an all-time 4WD, it comes however with options 4-High (where the power and torque at the wheel is distributed at 65% rear, 35% front), 4-High Lock (50% rear, 50% front), and 4-Low for serious, crawling-type and tricky off-roading.

8. Comes with an aluminium-alloy wheels.

9. Brand new and used cars (even dirt bikes!) in Darwin City where i am based cost like A$3,000 more than other Australian states like South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales. Some of the Vitara's in Darwin even comes only with the current 2.4-litre 4-cylinder engine (165 metric-hp).

10. Inspected the unit quite thoroughly from inside-out and below the chassis:

10.a.The motor looks immaculate just like the one you see in the picture below.

10.b. All original bolts and nuts and rivets from the hood/ bonnet of the unit, engine bay area are intact suggesting the car never met an accident.

10.c. Outside panels of the car have minor to no-scratches.

10.d. The under coatings/ rust-proofing of the chassis looks preserved. No rusting of the frame.

10.e. Previous owner seems meticulous about the regular maintenance schedule of the unit based on the owner's manual. Some in-between scheduled maintenance were performed prior to reaching every 15,000-km maintenance interval mark. Perhaps the previous owner made sure that each year the unit gets serviced.

ANY SUGGESTIONS, OPINIONS OR CRITIQUES (apart from the fact that it can be quite thirsty for a V6 engine hehe) IS REALLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS HEAPS!

d_mac
Here and there

Re: Re the 2.7-litre Suzuki Grand Vitara V6 (185 hp)

Unread post by d_mac » July 4th, 2012, 1:19 pm

Everyone loves Suzuki Grand Vitara's! ---- and I'm one of them
:D
d_mac wrote: UPDATE:

Finally took this baby yesterday from the Suzuki dealer without further ado after an RAA inspector gave it a high remark.... And boy am i pleased having to own this used 2.7-litre Grand Vitara with only 60,700 km on it!

A Diamond Warranty Plan on parts and labour for up to 225,000 km anywhere in Australia goes with it as well.... NOT too bad mates....

Last edited by d_mac on July 4th, 2012, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d_mac
Here and there

Unread post by d_mac » July 4th, 2012, 1:21 pm

d_mac wrote:
BigDutchy wrote: You must have been so exited that you posted 2 the same posts! :lol:

Mate I think you did very very well!!
You almost bought a new car by the looks of it. This car must give you years and years of fun!

Good luck with it!!
:lol: Haha, gee you're right mate!!!! :lol:

Thanks heaps for the compliment, BUT HONESTLY man, it is expected that this Grand Vitara should be in for the long-haul!
BigDutchy wrote: ****make a few photo's in daylight of your car, so we all can have a good look!!
Your wish is my command BigDutchy!

This compact SUV ain't bad really.... It's pretty interesting; the white-colour that goes with it amplified something about the car that makes it look somehow still brand-spanking new, i should say, that has me grinning up to the ears :D

d_mac
Here and there

Unread post by d_mac » July 4th, 2012, 1:23 pm

d_mac wrote: Here's a couple more taken in the afternoon BigDutchy....

d_mac
Here and there

Unread post by d_mac » July 4th, 2012, 1:24 pm

d_mac wrote: Here's a couple more taken in the afternoon BigDutchy....

LilMissRuffit
Avid Poster

Unread post by LilMissRuffit » June 27th, 2013, 8:28 am

Hi ,...they're gorgeous are'nt they...I would buy this model in a heart beat as there are quite a few in the year I want 2005 - 2006,
but they're heavy on fuel,...so no good for me....) - :
Who's gonna introduce me to all those hidden, natural wonders ?..... 'my trusty 4WD'.

Return to “Grand Vitara (2005+)”