ODA 2" New GV Lift

csgregor
I'm new, be nice!

ODA 2" New GV Lift

Unread post by csgregor » August 7th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Has anyone put the outdoor auto 2" lift on their new GV (i have a 2008).

I'm looking at doing the budget lift kit 2 and am wondering if that is all thats required?
ODA - GV Budget 2

Do i need a diff drop bracket? has anyone had any issues with their lift? i.e. needing new springs afterwards, camber drama's, CV drama's etc

any help would be appreciated!

Den
Here and there

Re: ODA 2" New GV Lift

Unread post by Den » August 7th, 2011, 5:11 pm

I put a 2inch lift on 2009 g/v but i changed the springs (king springs) and used dobininson shocks.No dramas with camber until i put on bigger mickey thompson tyres. Give suzisports in brisbane a ring. Derek is highly knowledgable with suzukis.

Den
Here and there

Unread post by Den » August 7th, 2011, 5:23 pm

The other thingi forgot to mention is you might want to look at a bash plate to protect the sump. Even with a lift i smashed the plastic factory one first time i went over to inskip point and ended up in the ruts of bigger fourbys.I bought one from suzisports.money well spent.

Marked
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Marked » August 7th, 2011, 10:13 pm

I have fitted King Springs, did not need to change shocks. Buying bash plate direct from Taiwan soon as I save funds.
http://markedly.com.au/2312/the-suzuki- ... ake-shape/

shepsx
Here and there

Unread post by shepsx » August 21st, 2011, 10:46 am

the strut spacer lift costs less then $200us so i would import it

csgregor
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by csgregor » October 4th, 2011, 10:19 pm

yep found the bash plate issue out the hard way. I bought the under body plates from outdoor auto and the second diesel transfer case plate to be fabricated - best investment ever.

the lift has been great. I followed a nissan and landcruiser through some ruts and deep sand on the weekend with no dramas at all - with full tyres and mostly out of diff lock.

my dilemma now: the rear licence plate mount on the 08 GV is a stupid spot (as i now have to get new plates cos mine is gone).

Return to “Grand Vitara (2005+)”