Steering rack and wheel bearings off eBay any good?

Junk
I'm new, be nice!

Steering rack and wheel bearings off eBay any good?

Unread post by Junk » March 4th, 2016, 7:33 am

I need to replace the steering rack and front wheel bearings on my Wrangler. I've been quoted $800 - $900 for the steering rack but I've seen them cheaper on ebay. Similarly I've been quoted around $250 for the front hubs/bearings but I've seen them advertised for half that on ebay.

So my question is has anyone brought either the front hub assemblies or steering racks off ebay and are they any good or is there somewhere else I should look that's going to be cheaper? Thanks

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Steering rack and wheel bearings off eBay any good?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 4th, 2016, 9:12 am

So do you want 'cheap' or 'any good'?? They aren't necessarily the same thing nor necessarily appear together in the same products!! :eek:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Junk
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Junk » March 4th, 2016, 9:32 am

I often find when it comes to ebay they are exactly the same thing. There's plenty of stuff that I've brought off ebay for significantly less than what I would pay in the shop and the qualities been anywhere from very good to excellent.

But there is the odd time that I've brought something that's ended up being crap which is why I've asked the question. Looks like I've sorted the steering box out but I'm still looking at the front wheel hub option on ebay.

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » March 4th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Have you priced the bearings at CBC or similar bearing suppliers? they are usually fairly competitive compared to OEM parts

Return to “TJ Wrangler”