So sad to see this empty

Aussie_CJ7
I'm new, be nice!

So sad to see this empty

Unread post by Aussie_CJ7 » September 16th, 2009, 4:25 pm

No wonder this section is empty the " wrangler" was not introduced until the YJ model so there is no CJ wrangler but all the same who else is on here with an AMC jeep beit CJ or other

buelljeeper
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by buelljeeper » October 19th, 2009, 8:08 pm

I have a CJ6 that I'm slowly chipping away at...

4WD4FUN
Getting to know the place

Unread post by 4WD4FUN » November 11th, 2009, 8:47 pm

It is sad as there is still a lot of CJ Jeeps out there and I often wonder if my old combat 6 CJ5 is still going my 1st car.
From this.
To this
To this

Indy Hepburn
Need to get out more

Unread post by Indy Hepburn » December 12th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Thats an awesome old Jeep good to see some 4wding pics from the old days!
if in doubt more right foot!

Jeeps
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Jeeps » December 14th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Very nice :)

I love CJ's

cheers

101 Ron
Avid Poster

Unread post by 101 Ron » February 18th, 2010, 10:20 pm

I still have my old 1960 CJ6 with the hurricane F head motor.
I have owned this vehicle for 25 years and it is now semi retired out of rego, but still in use around the farm.
It is fitted with a pto winch which has been converted to electric as a overdrive now fits in the pto hole.
Free wheeling hubs, Lpg conversion,full canvass including doors.
Many small mods to a simple design.
I love the off road torque from a side valve long stroke motor and the standard springs have been reworked to give fantastic flex.
the off road ride is surprisingly good too.
It had a very hard life before i owned it.
It is still on its original transmission, but has worn three motors out past 40 thou on crank and bore.
the front mud guards rusted away and fibre glass replacements were made.
The other day a new track was made for the local 4wd club at the farm and the sleep pinch stopped my double locked landrover and two 60 series cruisers only made it with some drama.
The old jeep with its narrow bias ply AT tyres and open diffs just walked up like if it wasnt there with a whole heap of kids in the back...the old girl just keeps on going and surprises me at time.
Soft spring rates and a flexible chassis made from spring steel with the power spread of the Willys motor with very light weight seems to be the key.
Will I sell it...never.....I have owned it so long now and done so many mods to it to suit me it now has become apart of my life.
I will one day return to the highway when i can afford to refurbish it again and find money for the rego.

Jeeps
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Jeeps » February 18th, 2010, 10:55 pm

101 Ron wrote:I still have my old 1960 CJ6 with the hurricane F head motor.
I have owned this vehicle for 25 years and it is now semi retired out of rego, but still in use around the farm.
It is fitted with a pto winch which has been converted to electric as a overdrive now fits in the pto hole.
Free wheeling hubs, Lpg conversion,full canvass including doors.
Many small mods to a simple design.
I love the off road torque from a side valve long stroke motor and the standard springs have been reworked to give fantastic flex.
the off road ride is surprisingly good too.
It had a very hard life before i owned it.
It is still on its original transmission, but has worn three motors out past 40 thou on crank and bore.
the front mud guards rusted away and fibre glass replacements were made.
The other day a new track was made for the local 4wd club at the farm and the sleep pinch stopped my double locked landrover and two 60 series cruisers only made it with some drama.
The old jeep with its narrow bias ply AT tyres and open diffs just walked up like if it wasnt there with a whole heap of kids in the back...the old girl just keeps on going and surprises me at time.
Soft spring rates and a flexible chassis made from spring steel with the power spread of the Willys motor with very light weight seems to be the key.
Will I sell it...never.....I have owned it so long now and done so many mods to it to suit me it now has become apart of my life.
I will one day return to the highway when i can afford to refurbish it again and find money for the rego.

Great story, any pics of your old jeep?

cheers

101 Ron
Avid Poster

Unread post by 101 Ron » February 19th, 2010, 6:32 am

101 Ron
Avid Poster

Unread post by 101 Ron » February 19th, 2010, 6:38 am

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » February 19th, 2010, 9:18 am

I had a CJ7 with a 350 chev in it we ripped out of a mates sprint car. T400 gearbox with quicksilver shifter and 3000 stally. 7.5 inches of lift via OME (tripple shocks up front, twins at rear) and would do 14sec 1/4 miles back in 88 (and beat VL turbo's). Was setup for rally and DAMN was it fast. Poor thing ended up into a tree after i planted it and lifted the front wheels off the ground and wrote it off (twisted chassis, even bent the dash and cracked the speedo)

I want to find another CJ and drop a LS1 in it. EASY cars to work on and get going. Were any CJ's coil all round? My 7 was leaf and i used to bend the eyes out of the springs all the time.

Jeeps
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Jeeps » February 22nd, 2010, 10:47 pm

101 Ron, that's Awesome, you're making me jealous!

cheers

wooders

Unread post by wooders » May 17th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Here, but my CJ is a while off at this rate:
[b]Cheers
[/b][url=http://www.wooders.com.au]Wooders[/url]

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » June 21st, 2010, 8:57 pm

Just picked up a 1975 CJ5 for a project. Got a LS1 and 4L65e ready to drop in it. Only issue is the length of the gearbox and transfer case position.

Any hardcore CJ pic's around?
100 series on injected Gas, Locked, lifted, loaded with goodies and barred up both ends.
Proudly sponsors ARB, TJM, OL, Rhino, Blackwidow, Inmarsat, Uniden, Allied Wheels, Mickey Thompson, DBA, Lightforce, Maxtrax, Waeco and country pie shops!

wooders

Unread post by wooders » July 5th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Jezz hope you plan:
1. some chassis reinforcement,
2. Extra wheelbase.
Sounds like you should have a weapon. There's plenty of wild CJ's around - just that most don't surface that often.
[b]Cheers
[/b][url=http://www.wooders.com.au]Wooders[/url]

Army_Barbie
Been here a while

Unread post by Army_Barbie » July 8th, 2010, 6:28 am

101 Ron wrote:

Ughhh! I'll have the Studebaker please! :D

Return to “CJ Jeep”