Mystery solved in a VERY cool way...

VooDoo

Mystery solved in a VERY cool way...

Unread post by VooDoo » June 5th, 2014, 3:34 pm

I own a 1983 CJ Larado, RHD, 258ci, Auto but as ive been restoring it ive found subtle differences and components that were supposed to be on a 83 which mine didn't have. I know the PO wouldn't have removed them and had just put it down to the car being an Aussie delivered one. It would only be the purists that would be able to tell and Australia stopped selling the CJ7's soon after this.

Last week i found the original owner who gave me its original history...

This just in from the original owner..

This Laredo was one of two Jeep-owned RHD CJ7s driven on the Rubicon Trail Jeep Jamboree in 1982 as a brand new car, and then shipped to Jeep Australia in Brisbane. Bushdriver Magazine 'bought' one and we ended up with the red one in this photo. It's a great vehicle, and a real head-turner.

This would mean it was an 82 in the USA and then complianced and sold as an 83 here in AU. The fact its driven the trail is just damn cool to me as it make its a pretty unique vehicle here in Australia.

BTW, Anyone know whats hanging off the bottom of the rear diff? seems to be a diff guard of some sort but ive not seen anything like it before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VooDoo

Re: Mystery solved in a VERY cool way...

Unread post by VooDoo » June 5th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Where the journey has taken me.....

I still have the original black wheels from the original photo's which ill be going back onto the car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

101 Ron
Avid Poster

Unread post by 101 Ron » June 5th, 2014, 5:59 pm

The Americans often fitted diff trusses to strengthen the diffs ?????

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » November 12th, 2014, 4:19 pm

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » December 2nd, 2014, 12:55 pm

Car has been sold

Return to “CJ Jeep”