Show us your Colorado's!

carlo13
Getting to know the place

Re: Show us your Colorado's!

Unread post by carlo13 » October 24th, 2013, 4:36 pm

I'm happy with the rear it's just the front it's slouching too much, when I ordered the kit I made I shaw I ordered constant load springs to eliminate this problem and some how it still happened to drop about an inch in the front, personally the leveled ride height looks best for me, than a slouch look
Carlos De Oliveira

2012 Holden Colorado LTZ Space Cab in Gun Metal Royal Grey - ARB Compressor, UHF Radio, Pioneer Sound System, Dark Tint, Ironman 3" Lift, 285/75/16 TOYO Open Countries AT2, 16x8 0 Offset Method Race Wheels, ARB Canopy

ajtime
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ajtime » October 31st, 2013, 12:10 pm

Hi all,

New to the forum thought I'd throw up a couple of pics of 'Colin,.

2" Dobinson lift kit ( finished up closer to 21/2")' 265/65/16 BFG A/T, UHF, TJM nudge bar (replacing with an ironman winch bar soon), canopy I picked up 2nd hand for $1000, awning and racks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ajtime on October 31st, 2013, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajtime
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ajtime » October 31st, 2013, 12:12 pm

Forgot this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MasterInnovator
Avid Poster

Unread post by MasterInnovator » October 31st, 2013, 10:36 pm

Heres a few pics of mine I thought I would share
Before

After I got my hands on it

265/70's on 15" Sunraysias I paint myself in gloss black, Blue Hammertone Powdercoated ARB Triple hoop winch compatible bullbar, 40mm lift(still wanting to go higher), Modified landcruiser siderails painted gloss black with red steps also painted by myself, exhaust mods for more power and better sound from the 3.6litre V6 petrol and yes im still on my L's
Last edited by MasterInnovator on November 17th, 2013, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Holden Colorado 3.6 V6 "Killa Rado"
successfully completed 2wd-4wd conversion
mod plated
Electronic to manual transfer caser selection conversion
2" lift
33's
ARB Bullbar + Modified Landcruiser siderails(unknown brand)
Custom steel canopy being made by me

Flathead Fred
Been here a while

Unread post by Flathead Fred » November 1st, 2013, 8:17 pm

The ol' girl got a facelift today.
Facelift 01.jpg
Facelift 02.jpg
Facelift 03.jpg

stones003
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by stones003 » November 3rd, 2013, 1:00 am

Hi, new to the forum, been reading it abit longer thou. Here my RG, more of a bitumen bandit at the moment but now i have the option of going on the dirt. Bog stock but put some ebay drls in the front bumper slots. Hopefully get to change out the puss cd player, add the isuzu sunnies holder and a led lightbar.
Has anyone upgraded their projector headlights yet?

Trout_2013
Here and there

Unread post by Trout_2013 » November 8th, 2013, 3:50 pm

some pics from the weekend up in the high country.

Wesbt
Here and there

Re: Show us your Colorado Accessories inc pics & source info

Unread post by Wesbt » November 10th, 2013, 9:32 pm

My recent additions:
Waterproof car seat covers from http://www.thewetseat.com/. Great product, so easy to clean, and for an extra $25 they added big map pockets for me too!
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0592.JPG
Sump and gearbox guard from http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/. Bought via eBay. Really strong and bolt up to all the original holes. Given them a workout already and they slide nicely across mounds between the ruts :D
Bushskinz1.jpg
Bushskinz.jpg
Next will have to be tyres... have no paint left on the bottom of the pumpkin, too many scrapes, and keep getting caught up!
Previous: 1974 Range Rover 2 door V8
Previous: 2002 Discovery II V8 auto, bull bar, 2" lift, Long range tank
Current: 2012 Colorado LT auto, ARB bull bar canopy and roof rack, OME suspension.

Brycehoney
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Brycehoney » November 15th, 2013, 11:25 am

Here's my RG LTZ very very stuck on Australia Day at lake Tinaroo, southwest of Cairns. Before I had any mods done.
Bryce Honey

2012 RG Colorado LTZ Crew Cab (Blue Mountain) (my first 4WD) - ARB Rear Protection Step, ARB Canopy, Extra Dark Tint, 265x70x17R BFG All terrain (so far) (planning on a lot more ARB gear)
(I'm new to 4WDing and am keen to learn what I can)

Catch22Racing
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Catch22Racing » November 16th, 2013, 11:46 am

1st post! After shoehorning supra engines into 2nd gen Hilux’s, putting up with overheating 1kz-te Hilux surf’s and lead footing it in the ever gutless 4.2 naturally aspirated cruisers I’m pretty happy with how the new Colorado stacks up as an all-rounder.

The colorado already has new boots with 16x8 inch steelies with a +20mm offset (13mm wider than the standard +33mm). The tires are now 275/70r16 BFG A/T’s which are thee are equivalent of 31.2 inch in the old measurement and they *just* rub on the front mud guards at full lock. The height measurements from the bottom of the steelies to the guard at standard height were - Right rear – 795mm, Left rear – 795mm, Right front – 745mm, Left front – 735mm.
IMG_0714.JPG
I dislike the nose down look and as this car isn’t to be used as load carrying vehicle the Tough dog pre-assembled normal weight struts went in. I now have – Right Rear – 805mm, Left Rear – 790mm, Right Front – 785mm, Left Front – 778mm.
IMG_0726.JPG
The “less than ideal” aspects I have noticed so far – nonlinear power delivery with the fly-by-wire throttle application, OEM front shocks didn’t have enough dampening, heavy steering with a poor ratio and turning circle, vibrating door trims with stereo, tonneau cover has already started to fall apart.

The only other modifications I plan to install are the alpine touch screen with reverse camera, the no limits tuning chip and sprint booster. Thanks to previous posters for providing some very useful info about modifying the new Colorado :thumb:

Adamskill
Here and there

Unread post by Adamskill » November 18th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Hi Guys!

Ive been reading the forums for a while now. i found it really handy while researching the RC Colorado before i bit the bullet and got one! its a 2010 turbo diesel. its also the first automatic vehicle i've ever owned. living in the inner suburbs of Brisbane, i find the auto fantastic!!

i will be taking it up to the glasshouse mountains this weekend, cant wait!

my truck is still stock as a rock, but it wont stay that way for long....
2010 Colorado LT-R - 2" Bilstein Lift - Bridgestone D674 M/T - 16x8 Rims - Snorkel & K&N filter - Diesel Chip - 3" Exhaust

MasterInnovator
Avid Poster

Unread post by MasterInnovator » November 18th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Welcome :)-What sort of mods you looking to do?
mod plated
2" lift
33's

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Been here a while

Unread post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow » November 19th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Catch22Racing wrote: vibrating door trims with stereo
i added some Jaycar sound deading on the inner and outer door skins and also the inner side of the trim panel, fixed it right up.
previous:-> 74 KE20 4AGTE, 04 RZN149R, 01 AE112R, 01 KR42R, 84 E30 318i, 67 MINI DELUXE
current:-> 06 BF XR6T, MY13 ISUZU D-MAX LS-M 4X4

Adamskill
Here and there

Unread post by Adamskill » November 20th, 2013, 8:04 pm

I'd be lying if I said I do a lot of off road driving..
first on the list I want to upgrade the stock stereo, they are shocking.
After that the stock breaks are gonna cop a beef up..
then once my current tyres need replacing, I want some atz micky's & a lift.
2010 Colorado LT-R - 2" Bilstein Lift - Bridgestone D674 M/T - 16x8 Rims - Snorkel & K&N filter - Diesel Chip - 3" Exhaust

MasterInnovator
Avid Poster

Unread post by MasterInnovator » November 20th, 2013, 8:40 pm

thats what I told myself when I first got my ute, and didn't have any intention of 4wd driving so bought a 2wd, now that i got hooked on 4wding I am doing a 2wd to 4wd conversion

Doesn't yours have alot of stopping power??? my 2011 will send me through the window. :lol:

and the previous owner of my ute changed the stock stereo as well, guess he didn't like it either
mod plated
2" lift
33's

Return to “Colorado”