Torque setting for RC Colorado body mount bolts

Hunsta
Here and there

Torque setting for RC Colorado body mount bolts

Unread post by Hunsta » July 2nd, 2018, 10:31 am

I recently had to buy replacement body mount rubber for my 2008 RC single cab Colorado. After refusing to pay Holdens over the top price. I eventually got them at a more than fair price( if not a very long wait) from Izusu.
When I picked them up I made a point of asking what torque setting I should do them up to. And was told with what sounded like very confident information that they should be tightened to 46nm. Now when I got home I got out my torque wrench to look at the chart and aprt from a dozen other types of settings. 46nm came out to be about 35lb. This seems rather light to me. Is this correct?. I dont want to over tighten them. But this seems a litte light on.

There was one other thing that seemed strange so I'll ask..
I did the passenger side first. Obviously 2 captive nuts in the cab section. And 1 through bolt at the front. All had spring washers either under the captive nut, bolt heads. And one under the nut on the front through bolt. When I went round to the drivers side. No spring washers at all. For any of the 3 bolts. Body has never been lifted or off as far as I know. And Im the original owner.
So is it supposed to be like( Ive put spring washers on them now). Or was this ute just put together by a Monday morning, hungover Thai assembly worker?????

Hunsta
Here and there

Re: Torque setting for RC Colorado body mount bolts

Unread post by Hunsta » July 9th, 2018, 10:20 am

So no ones even put a lift kit in eh.???

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 9th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Either that or no-one reading has anything better to offer about Holdens than what you've already been told.... :p :sillywink:

I do know that you really don't want to over-tighten the body mount bolts or you'll crush the blocks & remove any cushioning capability they may have, potentially causing body &/or chassis fatigue cracks cos all the vibration has been passed directly into the metal rather than being isolated by the mount.... :boggle:

Over to you! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Hunsta
Here and there

Unread post by Hunsta » July 10th, 2018, 7:48 am

Well I gave them a tweek up to 50lb and they havent loosened yet. And I do a small amount of rough dirt daily. Guess I'll just watch and see.

Return to “Colorado”