2014 RG Colorado - is doing an update of 'MyLink' possible?

Dougwe
Getting to know the place

2014 RG Colorado - is doing an update of 'MyLink' possible?

Unread post by Dougwe » June 30th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if you can get an update done for the MyLink system? I would like to update my mobile phone but friends phones I have tried don't link via bluetooth to my MyLink system.

I thought I would ask here first as Holden will just say you need a newer model.

SomeCant
Been here a while

Re: 2014 RG Colorado - is doing an update of 'MyLink' possible?

Unread post by SomeCant » July 13th, 2018, 8:48 pm

the dealer can check the sps for updates related to your vin number and if there is an update they just put it on a usb stick and plug it into the usb port of the mylink and it only takes like 10 minutes.

if you have an iPhone an update might not work as apple tends to change crap for no good reason apart from breaking backwards compatibility to force their fanboy base to have to purchase new accessories.
its just the apple thing to do.

there have been issues with apple breaking compatibility with older/other types of mylinks in other variants of holdens and a lot of iphoners are stuck with having to use the usb cable because apple broke Bluetooth with updates.

its best to just go to a dealer and ask for them to check for a software upgrade for your mylink.

Dougwe

Unread post by Dougwe » July 19th, 2018, 9:07 am

Thankyou for the reply SomeCant. I ended up speaking with a Holden Dealer and they weren't sure. STRANGE!

Dougwe

Unread post by Dougwe » July 19th, 2018, 9:07 am

Back to square one!

Return to “Colorado”