Anyone know where to get aftermarket Body mount rubbers?

Hunsta
Here and there

Anyone know where to get aftermarket Body mount rubbers?

Unread post by Hunsta » June 5th, 2018, 7:00 pm

OK, just been told I need new body mount rubbers for my 2008 DX single cab. Holden (god bless em) want a lovely $482.00 for 12 lousy pieces of rubber. I've done quite a few google searches and I can't come up with anyone selling aftermarket stuff.
Anyone got any suggestions where to get these other than Holden. Or should I just take a jar of vaso :boggle: and head down to the dealership?
Cheers
Craig
Last edited by Hunsta on June 8th, 2018, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunsta
Here and there

Re: Anyone know where to get aftermarket Body mount rubbers?

Unread post by Hunsta » June 6th, 2018, 10:54 am

NOBODY?????

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 6th, 2018, 5:32 pm

It might take a day or 3 to get a helpful response Hunsta, Forums aren't much like faceache, where many people spend waaay too much time & often just post up anything for the helluvit!! Lots of the knowlegeable readers here often don't get a much of a chance to look in until the weekend, and even then you need the one reader with the right info to check in & answer! ;) But you have got a few readers already, so give it a chance, & maybe even a weekend - or two?!? :sillywink:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Hunsta
Here and there

Unread post by Hunsta » June 6th, 2018, 6:44 pm

Yeah thanks Peter. But my commercial inquiries are leading me to the fact that Im doomed to visit the dealership. As Ive pulled a a huge "sorry . No can do" on atleast a dozen outlets/franchises of various kinds.
Guess it will be bend over. Pay the money to Holden. And think of England . :petrified:

Hunsta
Here and there

Unread post by Hunsta » June 8th, 2018, 3:29 pm

Well it just goes to show that if you shop around enough. You`ll get a better deal. After feeling a little violated by the price Holden had quoted for the body mount kit. And feeling deflated by the fact that absolutely no one does an aftermarket kit (with the exception of Munji who said they have test ones coming in the near future. But could`nt fathom why I`d want to change mine. Even after explaining the huge body movement :boggle: ) I decided to give Isuzu a go. As of cause we all know they are all related. And low and behold, they could do a set for $210.00 cheaper than Holdens $482..00 quote :eek: .
Needless to say. I ordered a set on the spot.
Happy camper time. :D :D

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 8th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Good News that! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Colorado”