Squeak in dash of RG Colorado - any ideas what?

jacko1
I'm new, be nice!

Squeak in dash of RG Colorado - any ideas what?

Unread post by jacko1 » February 27th, 2017, 9:01 pm

I have a squeak in right side front corner of dash, cant seem to find where or what is causing it. It is worse when vehicle is working hard (towing van). Has anyone else had this problem & been able to find what it is? I have done a search & found nothing, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jacko

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: Squeak in dash of RG Colorado - any ideas what?

Unread post by mydmax » February 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

In similar vehicles of that design the inner skirt of the mudguard developed a crack.
Near the brake booster front, inline with. Yours may have too and the slight movement is being heard as a Dash squeak.
Have a look. I hope it is not the issue.

shambles
Been here a while

Unread post by shambles » April 11th, 2017, 12:25 pm

I have an RC but it may be the same squeak I had, the wires from my fuse box were rubbing on a rubber protector that stops them being cut on a metal bracket. I put racing tape over the rubber protector and around the cables = no more squeaks. I just has to drop the lower plastic cover that sits under the steering column to access it. Easy fix for a change.

jacko1
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by jacko1 » January 13th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Finally found squeak which was very annoying. Bracket for factory snorkel held in place by 2 self tappers were slightly loose, once these were tightened squeak gone.

Return to “Colorado”