Mylink Dev Mode Help needed?!

SomeCant
Been here a while

Re: Mylink Dev Mode Help needed?!

Unread post by SomeCant » May 2nd, 2017, 10:11 pm

sort of between life and work I have been tinkering with it.

I have managed to mirror my entire phone and all its apps to the mylink but the mylink is pretty laggy in mirrorlink mode so its no good for video playback or games etc.
navigation apps seem to work ok anything that does not require more than about 5 frames per second work ok.

I had to create an android app to modify mirrorlink app and add my app as a launcher on the mylink screen so you can tap it and mirror the phone.

the main problem is you need a rooted android phone for my app to modify the mirrorlink app to allow all the apps on the phone to run through mylink and not many people have a rooted phone or know how to root a phone or are willing to void their warranty rooting their phone.
so it kind of stalls there for most people lol.

when I get some time to wrap it all up I will post a guide/pdf on how to get the mirrorlink working on the mylink and I will publish my app on google play.

but once again without a rooted phone it pretty much cant be done.

boehamian
Getting to know the place

Unread post by boehamian » June 15th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Just wanting to know. I have a 2014 Colorado Mylink and am wanting to know how to enable the reversing camera feature on the headunit. The dealer wants $$$ to do so and I think it is just a 10 second fix. Can anyone help me?

SomeCant
Been here a while

Unread post by SomeCant » June 18th, 2017, 1:21 am

it is just a 10 second fix but you need holdens tech2/tis2web to program it into the mylink or an eeprom programmer and the problem with the eeprom is you need to dump the eeprom from your mylink then modify it to enable the reverse cam and reflash it back onto the mylink.
you cant use one from another mylink unfortunately which makes it hard for someone to do it over the internet they need your mylink.

so really the only way to go for most people is the dealer, it is really a 10 minute job for them so it shouldn't be any more then $100 to do it.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » June 18th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Nice of Holden to fleece their customers like that isn't it. They program a certain way so you can't. Deceitful trading IMO.

boehamian

Unread post by boehamian » June 19th, 2017, 8:52 pm

damn. So, spoke to holden and they advised they have never had to do this. Reading the instructions it says as follows:
Use the service programming system (SPS) on tis2web to enable the camera by selecting the "(@RWR)" option in the dropdown menu under Radio Programming.

SomeCant
Been here a while

Unread post by SomeCant » June 20th, 2017, 6:53 pm

boehamian wrote:damn. So, spoke to holden and they advised they have never had to do this. Reading the instructions it says as follows:
Use the service programming system (SPS) on tis2web to enable the camera by selecting the "(@RWR)" option in the dropdown menu under Radio Programming.
your local dealer might not have done it before but like you said the tis2web has the options to do it, I know this because I have done it.
its best to try and speak to the guys out the back that do the work on the vehicles, the people in the office or on phones are clueless lol.
mydmax wrote:Nice of Holden to fleece their customers like that isn't it. They program a certain way so you can't. Deceitful trading IMO.
yes and no(sort of)...
a lot of the early colorados like the 2014 lx had the mylink but not a reverse cam as factory std but it was an option to the lx.
a simple oem camera kit and the vehicle has the wiring for it on all specs.
the reason its disabled in the mylink is so when you select reverse the screen does not switch to camera input(go black without camera) instead it shows the distance guide for the reverse sensors.
the mylink in the Colorado or (lsp2gts) head unit is used in the barina,trax,colorado and the other GM variants of these vehicles worldwide and not all of them have a reverse camera option or a reverse sensor option.
so the mylink has an eeprom in it which is programmable to turn these settings on or off.
a better way would be to have the headunit just detect if the camera is plugged in and enable the option in the menu to use the camera, but for some reason LG decided not to do it that way and of course GM can charge $$ to enable it. stupidity in programming or just pure greed, it is a bit s#!tty that they do it this way.

like I mentioned before with an eeprom programmer and some skill you can do it your self and "stick it to the man" but for the sake of $100 and not damaging your mylink its better just to get the dealer to do it.

Brian126

Unread post by Brian126 » June 28th, 2017, 8:40 pm

I got rid of MYlink and installed a unit from Brash imports/Digoptions. Installed with Hema off road maps and I go.do not need phone for navigation or listen to radio. Still got MYlink is cupboard id you need a replacement

Boots33

Unread post by Boots33 » July 2nd, 2017, 8:33 pm

boehamian wrote:damn. So, spoke to holden and they advised they have never had to do this.....
I fitted a reverse camera to our my15 LS Colorado. When i took the vehicle in for its next service I asked them to activate it for me while they had the SPS hooked in. They were happy to do so and did not charge anything for the effort. I guess some dealers care more about return customers than a few quick bucks.

Hendrikx8
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Hendrikx8 » June 26th, 2018, 5:35 pm

I did the same thing anyone upload the files to fix steering wheel controls?

SomeCant
Been here a while

Unread post by SomeCant » July 13th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Hendrikx8 wrote:
June 26th, 2018, 5:35 pm
I did the same thing anyone upload the files to fix steering wheel controls?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/svyokoztkbis9 ... u.zip?dl=1

Hendrikx8
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Hendrikx8 » August 27th, 2018, 9:38 pm

thanks!

Return to “Colorado”