Colorado RC locks itself??

bullwalks
I'm new, be nice!

Colorado RC locks itself??

Unread post by bullwalks » April 11th, 2016, 12:20 pm

whats goin on fellas
took the ute to fraser for some rnr with the missues and after 4 days of squashin toads i guess somethin's gone haywire in the collies brain.
when i lock the car now the hazard lights dont flash and if I removed the key it locks itself 2-5 minutes later.

reckon its a fuse gon bust or does the brain need some rehabilitation at holden?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Colorado RC locks itself??

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 18th, 2016, 8:32 am

Are you sure the key fob battery hasn't just gone flat??

Lotsa cars with remote central locking will lock themselves if they are not running/turned off & they can't detect the key/fob after a few minutes - it's a 'safety feature' so if you just walk away & forget to lock it, it'll do it for you all by itself. But if you want it to stay unlocked you hafta either leave a door open or leave the key/remote/whatever has the embedded chip in it behind in the car..... reeeaaaal safety feature!! :rolleyes:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

jrbrad5
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by jrbrad5 » April 13th, 2018, 3:49 pm

OK so I've owned my RC Colorado from new (2010) and the same 'issue' has just started with mine :

When i lock the car, the hazard lights don't flash and when I remove the key, the car locks itself 2-5 minutes later.

Was an explanation for this ever found? Why has my car suddenly been bitten by the same gremlin?
BTW all fuses have been removed, checked and replaced. Key fob is good to go too.

All suggestions most welcome.
thanks

ian.gonzo
Here and there

Unread post by ian.gonzo » April 14th, 2018, 4:14 pm

I will almost bet that you have a blown fuse on the Hazzard Light circuit, No1 fuse on the fuse block in engine bay fuse block, is 10amp fuse, replace that one and you will be back in action. You can test this by turning on your hazard flashers, if they don't work this will be your problem. Hope this works for you.

jrbrad5
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by jrbrad5 » April 17th, 2018, 8:50 am

How stupid do I feel? I had checked all of the fuses under the dashboard and they were all fine. Never thought to check under the bonnet. ian.gonzo - you're a legend - thank you.

ian.gonzo
Here and there

Unread post by ian.gonzo » April 17th, 2018, 8:53 am

Glad to be of help

Return to “Colorado”