How hard to install Holden cruise control for RC Collie?

Neilski
Here and there

How hard to install Holden cruise control for RC Collie?

Unread post by Neilski » March 30th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Hi all,

I've got a 2009 RC TD Colorado, and I was thinking of installing genuine Holden cruise control kit to the vehicle. Has anyone done this themselves? How hard is it? Are the parts all plug and play?

Thanks for any advice.

amon1989
Been here a while

Re: How hard to install Holden cruise control for RC Collie?

Unread post by amon1989 » March 31st, 2014, 6:29 pm

Hi mate, have done mine, its pretty easy if you are a bit mechanically minded, be careful and remember to reconnect the airbag wire! The details in instructions are good, you have to add a few pins to the ecu plug, but its all pretty easy. Once done holden have to flash the ecu to make it work. Otherwise I believe you require an LTR wiper relay for the variable intermitant to work, I have'nt put the relay in mine, but maybe someone else can confirm this.

Oigle
Avid Poster

Unread post by Oigle » April 1st, 2014, 2:33 am

Hello Neilski
Search the topic, I'm pretty sure there are several posts.
Amon19189 is partially correct about the wiper relay, if you have the wiring, the variable intermittent is plug and play, but not all build variants have the extra wire required. Again, search function will find what you need (I'm pretty sure I have posted on this topic previously). If you can't find what you need, PM me and I will see what I have saved.
Cheers
Oigle

Neilski
Here and there

Unread post by Neilski » April 1st, 2014, 11:09 am

Hi Oigle, I did a forum-wide search for 'Colorado cruise control', when I should have searched just the colorado forum for 'cruise control'. If I'm going to have to pay holden $100 to flash the ECU, I might as well see if they'll do the whole lot for $200 as some people have mentioned here.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Oigle
Avid Poster

Unread post by Oigle » April 2nd, 2014, 1:31 am

Hello Neilski
This was the Colorado one I found there were others about the variable intermittent and also fog lights that talk about cruise control because of the stalk that comes with the kit. Advanced search in Colorado (and Rodeo, as the kit is very similar and the functions are identical) should get you more information if you want it.
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=87546&hilit=+cruise
If you can get them to fit it for $200 and you aren't confident of doing it yourself, it is a good deal.
I now have my circuit diagrams, so if you want to check something PM me.
Good Luck
Oigle

zoot01
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by zoot01 » April 4th, 2014, 9:47 am

I had Holden at Springwood fit a cruise control for $620. This follows a trip from Brisbane to Sydney over Christmas and with a cop with a speed gun on every second corner it was a very stressful trip. Holden were advertising the cruise control unit on ebay for around $400. Considering Holden needs to flash the CPU to get it to work and a few tricky things especially working around air bags it was a bit of a no brainer to get them to do it. And I got a loan car for the day. One issue is the switch has a variable speed wiper which does not work and Holden says they cant get it to work - any ideas?

Yet to see if the fog light switch can be connected up.

Oigle
Avid Poster

Unread post by Oigle » April 5th, 2014, 12:47 am

Hello Zoot01
You need to install the variable intermittent wiper relay to make the system work. However not all variants have the correct wiring. Do an advanced search in Rodeo and Colorado and you should be able to find the threads.
Since people keep asking, here is the connector at the relay, if you have 6 wires you will need to add a wire between cavity 8 of B59 and cavity 5 of C3 as well as the variable intermittent relay. From memory the other optional wire (b59 to ground) was in all Australian specification vehicles.
variable wiper circuit.JPG
Cheers
Oigle

Edit: changed built to specification (they are all built in Thailand)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oigle on April 5th, 2014, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neilski
Here and there

Unread post by Neilski » April 5th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Hi Zoot01, it is Holden at Springwood that are advertising the cruise control on ebay. I'll give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the info!

zoot01
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by zoot01 » April 8th, 2014, 9:38 pm

Thanks Oigle, now have a little project for the weekend
Cheers

tuffcolorado777
Getting to know the place

Unread post by tuffcolorado777 » July 13th, 2014, 7:19 am

Hello, dose anyone know were I can pick up a genuine cruise control. And what I would it be worth.

Neilski
Here and there

Unread post by Neilski » July 13th, 2014, 8:32 pm

I'm tipping you didn't read this thread very well......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-GM-H ... 4183418bd3

The411
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by The411 » January 11th, 2018, 8:52 am

Does anyone have the wiring diagram/photos for the intermittent wiper mods required. I've checked my relay and its only the 6 pin.

Also any advice for doing the cruise control install would be great too.

Thanks Justin

Return to “Colorado”