RG - which fuse is for the reversing lights?

Trout_2013
Here and there

RG - which fuse is for the reversing lights?

Unread post by Trout_2013 » March 25th, 2013, 9:50 am

Hi, does anyone know which fuse is for the reversing lights in a RG colorado? The handbook doesnt list it.

Thanks
John.

Trout_2013
Here and there

Re: RG - which fuse is for the reversing lights?

Unread post by Trout_2013 » March 25th, 2013, 10:44 am

apparently there is no fuse it goes straight to the body control module.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » March 25th, 2013, 11:18 am

Trout_2013
Why do you want to find the reverse light fuse?
You haven't said they don't work BUT if they don't then if it is an auto, the reverse will be switched by the combination inhibitor/selector switch on the box.
It's wires may be damaged or plug loose.
If a manual it will have a reverse light switch operated by the shifter rails and it may not be connecting OR the wires are disconnected etc.
If poor globes have been fitted the globes may both be blown, have you checked them too? Good Japanese globes outlast the life of a Commodore, cheap globes are fitted to Commodores and also may be in your vehicle. How many tail light globes have you seen or rather not seen working on Commodores?????

I can't see why the lights would be connected to the body control module as it would have to supply the full current to the globes. Possible but not very likely.

A quick check with a multimeter set on low OHMS, over the two contacts of each fuse will tell you if it/any is blown or not. No need to pull them out and disconnect any vital circuits.

mydmax

Trout_2013
Here and there

Unread post by Trout_2013 » March 25th, 2013, 11:31 am

Hi, what happened was I had to rewire my reversing camera so I had the plugs exposed under the car which ran form the reversing light. It started to rain so I backed the car back in the garage, my initial thought is that the active touched the body when I was reversing and blew the fuse as the reversing lights no longer work and neither does the camera.

Thanks.

Cam7781
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Cam7781 » March 29th, 2018, 4:10 am

Trout_2013,

Hey mate did you end up finding the problem?
I am currently having the exact same issues..no reverse lights or camera and dome interior light doesn’t work in the on position on my 2015 Colorado LTZ..
I’m pretty sure you're correct in saying the camera and reverse light supply is from one of the many BCM’s (it doesn’t list which one) and the supply for power at the trailer plug when in reverse is fused. I think.
Either way my code reader is bringing up no active or inactive codes just a pending code C0700 which I’m hoping if I can get that cleared it might then restore power to the reverse lights and camera.
I refuse to give it to Holden for a week to be called at 4pm on a Friday to pick up my car to try and blame it on anything but faulty OEM parts and want to charge me...
Any help be muchly appreciated at this stage...!

Boots33
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Boots33 » April 6th, 2018, 4:55 pm

I think you will find Fuse F23DA is the particular BCM fuse that supplies the Dome lights and reverse lights. The fuse panel is located behind the pivot out storage compartment on the right side of the dash.
Page 228 in your owners handbook look for the fuse numbered 23. It should be a 15A fuse

Return to “Colorado”