View topic - colorado dual batteries

colorado dual batteries

Been here a while

colorado dual batteries

any one fited dual batteries to ther colorado in the engine bay or just in the tub trying to figure out where is best

Unread postby runner » November 27th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Been here a while

Re: colorado dual batteries

so no one has come up with a solution I'm still trying to figure it out

Unread postby runner » December 4th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Here and there

Had to stick mine in the tub no room anywhere else, was hoping to put it in the engine bay no room in there so in the back it went.

Unread postby honestcozzie » December 4th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Been here a while

hi
i just crawled under the car and i recon i could fit a optima d34/78 in the area taken up buy the huge factory muffler is and fitting a smaller muffler one cross member forward

i am amazed by the lack of room under the bonnet found a spot for the red arc isolator captive m6 nut next to power steer res

cant even find a home for my compressor wanted it under the bonnet to allow future diff locks

Unread postby runner » December 4th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Here and there

runner wrote:hi
i just crawled under the car and i recon i could fit a optima d34/78 in the area taken up buy the huge factory muffler is and fitting a smaller muffler one cross member forward

i am amazed by the lack of room under the bonnet found a spot for the red arc isolator captive m6 nut next to power steer res

cant even find a home for my compressor wanted it under the bonnet to allow future diff locks

As far as the muffler goes don't bother with a smaller one, the only noise you will hear with a straight through pipe is when towing a van uphill in 4th and that is if you listen hard.
Steve

Unread postby Spacecab » December 5th, 2010, 10:11 am

Been here a while

cheers for the advice i wouldn't mind hearing a bit more of a exhaust note any way

Unread postby runner » December 5th, 2010, 11:36 am

Here and there

i just crawled under the car and i recon i could fit a optima d34/78 in the area taken up buy the huge factory muffler is

That's where I'll be putting mine. I'm going to have a cradle made up for it. I'll be removing that rear section of exhaust and having a straight through piece made up and directed over the other side of the vehicle. I hadn't decided where I'd be putting my compressor yet.

Chris.

Unread postby CPC » December 6th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Avid Poster

CPC wrote:
i just crawled under the car and i recon i could fit a optima d34/78 in the area taken up buy the huge factory muffler is

That's where I'll be putting mine. I'm going to have a cradle made up for it. I'll be removing that rear section of exhaust and having a straight through piece made up and directed over the other side of the vehicle. I hadn't decided where I'd be putting my compressor yet.

Chris.

pirahna make a tray for an 8 inch battery under the bonnet

i had my air compressor fitted under the passenger seat which works well

Unread postby J5 » December 10th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Here and there

Has anyone fitted one of these, or have photos of another underbonnet dual battery setup for the Colorado?

I thought all the trays available were for the Rodeos which didn't have ABS fitted and now that ABS is standard the left hand side back near the firewall is too cluttered for the tray to fit. I hope I'm wrong!!

Unread postby S.W » December 11th, 2010, 3:15 pm

Here and there

S.W wrote:

Has anyone fitted one of these, or have photos of another underbonnet dual battery setup for the Colorado?

I thought all the trays available were for the Rodeos which didn't have ABS fitted and now that ABS is standard the left hand side back near the firewall is too cluttered for the tray to fit. I hope I'm wrong!!

Bumping this. I'd like to see if the tray will fit too.

Chris.

Unread postby CPC » December 20th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Been here a while

S.W wrote:

It is for non-ABS Rodeo's. I downloaded the install manual and it goes where the ABS modulator is.

We put our second in the tray when we use, and disconnect it when not in use. Will use a permanent solution at some stage, probably not until we've got a canvas canopy for the tray. Was thinking about an under tray box.

As for the compressor, you should fit one under the front passenger seat, I had one there in my 2000 Rodeo which had a rear locker. Under the bonnet is not a nice place for accessories anyway, gets hot and dirty ;)

Unread postby PJG » December 27th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Been here a while

Are you guys that have dual batteries running them as start batteries or just as an auxillary power 2nd battery?

Unread postby leckie » December 27th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Avid Poster

that would be 2nd power

really looking into this now as want to get a fridge soon

Unread postby J5 » December 29th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Been here a while

Don't know if this of interest to anyone, but found this pic whilst checking out Pre-Runner trucks. Its under a 2008 Chev 1500.

Unread postby IMPOSE » January 2nd, 2011, 11:12 am

Avid Poster

Umm, that battery is just waiting to be smashed :eek:

Col.

Unread postby Kransky » February 4th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Next

Return to Colorado