Colorado 2013 2.8 Lt RG Glow Plugs

Widin
I'm new, be nice!

Colorado 2013 2.8 Lt RG Glow Plugs

Unread post by Widin » May 11th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Could anyone advise on the suggested period to change glow plugs and the methodology.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Colorado 2013 2.8 Lt RG Glow Plugs

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 13th, 2019, 11:08 am

AFAIK, glow plugs generally just work until they don't any more?! I've run quite a few different diesel engines over the last 50 odd years and none of those diesels had a scheduled change out period for their glow plugs, but they all had a regular 'check glow plug function' or similar in their scheduled servicing! And a few of those vehicles had even racked up something more than 1,000,000 km (or miles in a couple of cases!) without the glow plugs being touched!! :)

That said, I know that lotsa stuff is made to be consumable/have a finite life these days, so maybe you should check the service schedule for your Col & if it only ever says 'check glow plug function' or something along those lines, just keep driving knowing that they should keep working.... until they don't any more! :o But that might be quite a few kms down track! ;)

Good Luck! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Colorado”