Pet hates

Got some advice to share or a question to ask? Heres the place to do it!
Adon92
Been here a while

Re: Pet hates

Unread post by Adon92 » December 28th, 2012, 3:04 pm

push bike riders - not all, just the ones that insist on taking up a whole lane when there is plenty of road to the side

wankers in subaru's and XR falcons with fog lights

people who never wash their cars/utes

people that overtake you when you are doing the 110km/h speed limit and then drop down to 95-100km/h

the BIGGEST piss off is when you want to get fuel and some toss wad parks at the bowser while they order food, chuck a piss, buy a drink and wash their windscreen.
Hilux LN106

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » December 28th, 2012, 3:22 pm

When a pestering fly lands on the flyswatter , my lawn mower that will pick up all size leafs but no matter how many times ya run over a lolllie wrapper it just spits it out the side, lycra and pushbikes,

and " creepers" the ones at stop lights that will inch forward up to 10 times just to go a metre then wont notice when the lights turn green.

Just one more . .. . . . when your faithful and favorite pet dies . . :cry:

browndog
Been here a while

Unread post by browndog » January 6th, 2013, 1:09 pm

ALL OF THE ABOVE
several vehicles travelling in convoy close to each other so that overtaking them is either a pain in the ass or mach3.5 is needed to achieve it.
revenue collectors at the bottom of hills and on overtaking lanes
those stupid blue/90w/HID low beam headlights that blind oncoming traffic
fog lights (front and rear) when not in fog or heavy rain that requires them
ill adjusted headlights that blind other traffic
people who cannot manage to dip their hi beam BEFORE oncoming traffic is looking straight at them especially with good headlights/spotlights
A majority of road users.... paying attention to anything BUT themselves and the traffic/conditions around them
Self appointed speed regulators who sit in the right hand lane for no reason while traffic is banked up behind them - usually travelling under the speed limit
Litterer's

monkeybucket
Part of the furniture

Unread post by monkeybucket » January 6th, 2013, 1:52 pm

The young girl who was swerving all over the road like a drunk... then for me to find out she was typing on her phone.
I would have thought that an intelligent person would have put the phone down after hitting the curb 3 times. :boggle:
Cheers
Chris.

Off road when I'm good...in the shed when I'm naughty.

South West All Terrain ... www.swat4x4.com

02-SR5
Need to get out more

Unread post by 02-SR5 » January 6th, 2013, 6:16 pm

SUCHZLIFE wrote:push bike riders - not all, just the ones that insist on taking up a whole lane when there is plenty of road to the side

wankers in subaru's and XR falcons with fog lights

people who never wash their cars/utes

people that overtake you when you are doing the 110km/h speed limit and then drop down to 95-100km/h

the BIGGEST piss off is when you want to get fuel and some toss wad parks at the bowser while they order food, chuck a piss, buy a drink and wash their windscreen.

And when that toss wad is parked at the only diesel bowser to only fill up on unleaded.

Those parking bays out the back of road house servo's for car and trailer/caravan only to find some idiot has parks his little Getz right in the middle with no trailer.

Adon92
Been here a while

Unread post by Adon92 » January 7th, 2013, 3:18 pm

^^ Too bloody right! Hate small cars... they scratch my diffs
Hilux LN106

03hiluxV6
Here and there

Unread post by 03hiluxV6 » January 8th, 2013, 8:43 am

02-SR5/SUCHZLIFE
I try to be courteous at the servo, but often the LPG bowser is in at the start of the diesels pumps or the petrol pumps, so its hard not to block other pumps when i fill up with LPG. If I need both petrol and LPG, and the pumps are on the same line, I'll stop between both bowsers and fill up both at once.
I used to have an XE falcon that had the filler behind the rear number plate. At some of the smaller servos where the driveway isnt big, the car used to block the driveway between the bowser and the shopfront. What do you do? Do you block off a bowser or do you block the driveway?

worthy
Part of the furniture

Unread post by worthy » January 8th, 2013, 11:40 am

I too dislike petrol cars blocking the only diesel pump, and at my local, the LPG is on the same line. I don't get upset about the LPG users. Just the other numbnuts. And the ones that park in front without buying fuel, just going inside the shop.
2000 Prado 3.0LTD Lifted and Locked
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87167
Have IFS, Will Impress

02-SR5
Need to get out more

Unread post by 02-SR5 » January 9th, 2013, 10:24 am

It doesn't bother me if all other pumps are in use, it just annoying when there other pumps available and she wants to use the only pump that is the diesel pump too.

oversite
Need to get out more

Unread post by oversite » January 9th, 2013, 12:34 pm

I run a servo and we sell more ULP (unleaded) from the pump that has diesel then any other pump!

Giant pain in the ass, but I have to add that 4wds towing camper trailers have a nasty habbit of parking in the middle of the station to get to the diesel pump thus taking 4 spots!

02-SR5
Need to get out more

Unread post by 02-SR5 » January 9th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Not their fault.

It amazes me a lot of servo's haven't caught up with the time and install more diesel pumps considering how many diesel vehicles there are these days.

Both of my local servo's share their only diesel pump with an unleaded pump.

oversite
Need to get out more

Unread post by oversite » January 9th, 2013, 10:48 pm

Old servos like mine would have to pull up the concrete to lay pipes from the tanks, and that would require closing the servo for a few days. just not worth it.

The new servos being built have a diesel on every pump. they can see a future where diesel is the most popular fuel, they also have designs that have pipes running between every tank and every pump to allow for a future where there are more or less fuels.

Personally I would love a high-flow diesel pump on the outer lane of pumps, my area boss disagrees saying the 9G price tag just isnt worth it :(

kevinmealing60
Been here a while

Unread post by kevinmealing60 » January 10th, 2013, 4:15 pm

SUCHZLIFE wrote:

and there parked at the first pump in a row of 3 and no one in front of them.
85 60series 315/75r16 MT mtz on 16x10 sunnys
12h-t, front mount intercooled, 16 PSI boost, 93rwkw
beaudesert 3" mandrel bent, 3"suspension custom leaf packs,
superior extended shackles, air on board system.

kevinmealing60
Been here a while

Unread post by kevinmealing60 » January 10th, 2013, 4:39 pm

not that i am a P plater nor ever had to wear them but my wife is and does, in both places ive lived all i ever see in front of a cop car with the red and blues on is a poor P plater, not that the are all doing the right thing but since the law got reintroduced ive noticed that they and my wife have started to be targeted so much that since i took off and threw away her p plates she hasent been pulled up once. police targeting. hate it hate it hate it!!!!!
85 60series 315/75r16 MT mtz on 16x10 sunnys
12h-t, front mount intercooled, 16 PSI boost, 93rwkw
beaudesert 3" mandrel bent, 3"suspension custom leaf packs,
superior extended shackles, air on board system.

wills
Been here a while

Unread post by wills » January 10th, 2013, 7:29 pm

i must agree with you kevin all my mate's get targeted but i must say i am yet to be pulled over by the cops on my P plates had them since june so go figure :ooh:

Return to “Driving Tips and Techniques”