Muputrax

Got some advice to share or a question to ask? Heres the place to do it!
Lovey71
Here and there

Muputrax

Unread post by Lovey71 » April 9th, 2015, 9:10 pm

G'day all,
I'm slowly building up a stash of recovery gear, starting with a 3 piece shovel and air compressor. A set of recovery tracks are going to be one of my next buys.

Whilst researching them and reading the tred v maxtrax, I came across one called Muputrax. These are a fibreglass type with square holes, which look like walkway material. I think they're generically known as waffle boards, but they have a few extras to make them a bit more multi purpose. I've read a few reviews on them which indicate that they go alright on the sand, but not so good on the mud due to the construction, the mud oozes up through the holes and renders them virtually useless.

Having searched the forum with no luck for 'waffle boards' or 'muputracks', I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with that type of recovery track?
Also, I've read a few times that some people use shade cloth or carpet as a recovery track. How would a waffle board go with shade cloth wrapped around it? Would this work to make them more useful in the mud, or am I dreaming?
Thanks for looking,
Steve.

kiran92
Been here a while

Re: Muputrax

Unread post by kiran92 » April 22nd, 2015, 5:56 pm

Never seen them before !

They certainly look quite handy.
I'd imagine in really sloppy mud they'd be useless, but for the slick stuff that just fills your tread and leaves you spinning? they'd probably be alright.

I like their versatility and that they state they can be used for ramps and bridges unlike the other major brands.
I work for my weekends... and damn it, I WILL enjoy them

Return to “Driving Tips and Techniques”