Ranger/BT50 workshop "tips and techniques"

Flatine
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Ranger/BT50 workshop "tips and techniques"

Unread post by Flatine » June 14th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Hi
Does anyone have the BT-50 Engine Service Manual in pdf?
I need to replace the Cylinder head and need to check some specs on it.

Thanks,

qbzor
Here and there

Unread post by qbzor » July 10th, 2014, 6:17 pm

I did cleaning of my MAF & MAP sensors on my 07 PJ.
Didn't notice increased power, but engine got a bit quieter and fuel consumption went down, so if I tried well 600kms on a tank wouldn't be a problem now :)
thanks 4 a good tip!

bt50driver
Here and there

Unread post by bt50driver » August 1st, 2014, 9:36 pm

Since I get in trouble every time I start a new thread I thought I would ask in here first.

Well got my replaced my CV boots, idler arm, and fuel filter and cleaned the rear brakes plus general service
While the fronts was off they noticed that the previous owner had wound the torsion bars right up so my down travel has got stuff all before it hits the bump stop has anyone thought about putting spacers in the top and bottom of the following place, sorry don't know the technical name for the place (look at pic) say about an inch or 2 spacer to get full travel back?

What would be the advantage of it ?
And
What would be a disadvantage of it ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BFT RANGER
Need to get out more

Unread post by BFT RANGER » August 3rd, 2014, 12:40 am

Spacing the top ball joint is a know mod, but is illegal.
The only correct method is a diff drop kit, but these are not available in Australia.
Very big in Thailand via company's like Sun4x4, Unicorn 4x4, BTV 4x4.
Hope that helps
Millsy
Tuned by CRISPMODS

http://www.crosscountry4wd.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ranger-BT50-owners/243230605704611

bt50driver
Here and there

Unread post by bt50driver » August 3rd, 2014, 6:03 pm

Has anybody bought off these website and used there products yet?

PJ Re-Arranger
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by PJ Re-Arranger » September 3rd, 2014, 9:26 pm

Hi all,

Anyone know anywhere in adelaide that will do a remap to get rid of that EGR, worries me too that it's going to fail and I'll be up for a new donk,

Cheers

TIM

Kelpie
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Kelpie » October 2nd, 2014, 9:56 am

Cleaned the MAP and MAF plus disconnecting the battery, what a difference.

Thanks so much to whoever is responsible for this tip.

scoty picko
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by scoty picko » October 9th, 2014, 8:04 pm

Hey guys!
only new too the Action forums but been around these trucks for awhile doing some mods and playing around.

I've come up with an idea that so far seams to work by swapping the hoses over on the intake manifold where the butterfly actuator is located.

not sure if anyone else has done this before or not? with out ecu tune it will allow the butterfly to stay open while driving and will close at shut down in order for smooth shut down. Normally it will close half way to allow more exhaust gases to flow into the intake from the egr valve and we all know what happens there, also if you have the egr blocked it will restrict air flow and well use more fuel and lack power. myself and a few other people have had these hoses swapped for awhile now and have felt the car become more responsive in 1st and 2nd and will rev over 3000rpm more freely. Now getting around 500km to a tank running 31' tyres with mods where before getting around 450km mark.

here a link of the mod with photos and some other mods in with it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Aussie4 ... 589619078/

cheers
scoty

BFT RANGER
Need to get out more

Unread post by BFT RANGER » October 10th, 2014, 12:05 am

Great to see you on here Scoty.
And a great tip, but I'm Tuned so all good
Tuned by CRISPMODS

coolspray
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by coolspray » November 1st, 2014, 12:31 am

Hi GUYS newbie on here .just thought i would share my experience , great read some excellent tips ,
purchased a 2008 BT freestyle hi-ranger has 120k on it now , , timing belt i did straight away at 104k
had it for 11 months and what a great truck plenty of poke with that 3l
averages around 450 to a tank around town and 550 on hiway ,i never run it till fuel light comes on , so it could push 600 to a tank ,
I run Chemtech injector cleaner and damn that stuff gives it a kick in the back side must have fuel booster added or something .

have done EGR block plate ,strange the check engine light came on after a day and stayed on for a week before it seems to of switched it self off ,also fitted the truck oil catch can and drain pipe + ball valve As recommended
its collects some oil but not as much as i though,,, i open the valve every few weeks and 10 or 15 mm drains out ,

cleaned senors yep caked MAP on intake manifold ,,,it also controls boost that sensor is a 2 in 1 sensor according to Mazda tec sheet,
no chip mods has yet but it has 3 inch off turbo with cat removed and 1 sports muffler ,

i have a buddy up the road here that does dyno tuning and remaps ECU his a engine builder of high performance turbo / supercharged engines , his helping me tune water/meth injection on his his dyno in few weeks i let you know how it goes ,

its a staged injection with 2 nozzles spraying into throttle body intake manifold , a 2gph 220mm a minute and a 6 gph nozzle rated at around 440mm at 220psi per minute ,
these common rails really respond well to this mod huge power increase over stock and in most cases more then a Chip tune can produce with out raising fuel presser , lower egt temps and less harmful gas out the rear ,
the ECU sensors will detect the cooler air charge and advance timing ect ect accordingly ,

The injection kit comes with a 12 liter tank and 300 psi pump reg at 220psi ,,
looking at 30kw gain or more at 50%50 mix distilled water / methanol from local oil suppler , this is before remap of ecu , just spaying water will see 10-15% more grunt as the steam effect takes place ,,
and say by by to carbon build up it will be steam cleaned away ,

rpmpest
Been here a while

Unread post by rpmpest » November 1st, 2014, 6:51 am

Very interested to see how you go, I have seen water injection on V8's before but not a Turbo Diesel. Curious to see the results.
08 Ranger Hi Rider - Exedy SMF, Xforce 3" with cat, Crispmods tuned, EGR blocked, Pioneer AV, XLT leather, Aeroflow Catch Can............and a Falcon GT in the shed next to it

BFT RANGER
Need to get out more

Unread post by BFT RANGER » November 1st, 2014, 4:49 pm

Great news Coolspray
Looking forward to the results and longivity
Tuned by CRISPMODS

coolspray
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by coolspray » November 2nd, 2014, 1:13 pm

hi guys yep i think from what i have read and dyno figers i have seen will blow you away ,, , i purchased (water alcohol injection system ) brand name ,this can run 100% alcohol ,unlike other brand names if you choose , but can be very flammable if you get a leak ,not recommended ,
the staged nozzles run off the 1 300psi pump ,first nozzle is activated by a boost presser switch 1,, starts pump and check valve opens ,,, .nozzle 2 comes on at higher boost with a second boost presser switch wired to solenoid , both can be activated from 1 to 20 psi boost . so fine tuning and finding that sweet spot were your not using gallons of water meth driving around a low speeds ,the smaller nozzle can be activated at 10spi the bigger activated at WOT or 16 psi ,not sure what max boost is as i have not fitted boost gauge yet ,but will do when i install the water /meth ,
no nasty side affects apart from a expected slipping stock clutch lol not able to with stand the new toque load, hehe
interesting the cylinder presser only rises a little ,and only load is on down stroke ,were you want it see video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn9LxE3KU_4

i keep you posted with before and after dyno runs ,i can just switch it off deactivate it on the dash ,
also has low level warning light and float in tank ,light on dash comes on letting you no to fill up , pump is rated to run dry for unto 1 hour before its damaged , the nozzle flow rates i quoted are at 100psi so at 220 psi them nozzle flow alot more then i quoted ,, you can ajust pump presser with a hex key ,from 100 to 300 psi

This is not a mod for people looking for more fuel mileage per tank , although you will gain more mileage per tank the cost of distilled water and a 20 liter drum of methanol out weighs and fuel saving you achieve , there is a way around this and that is to purchase a still and make your own distilled water and ethanol , the ethanol cools almost as good as methanol

coolspray
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by coolspray » November 5th, 2014, 10:51 am

1911044_10204162632919478_8131301778301263705_o.jpg
]kit arrived today have 4 nozzles 2,4,6.8 gph , but i damaged my bt50 yesterday about 10k worth ,its now going in for repairs for 3 weeks smash repairer ,,,,full respray new roof turret and bonnet ,tailgate , might be a total right off , waiting to hear back form RACQ ,, pissed off ! ,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coolspray
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by coolspray » November 6th, 2014, 1:23 pm

yep booked in on 26th full respray 9 k to fix it list as long as your arm,,including roof turret skin ,bonnet and tailgate , i had 60 OD bricks land on the roof and a roller door crash down on it :(, lucky i have RACQ insurance ,
any how i wait till its repaired as the tub has to be removed ,

Return to “PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50”