View topic - 3 inch exhaust ??

3 inch exhaust ??

Getting to know the place

3 inch exhaust ??

hey guys i was thinking about upping the exhaust size on the bt50 and upgrading the intercooler i havnt seen a bt50 with a 3inch exhaust in cairns was wondering if any one could give me an idea on what in would sound and go like ??? thanks

Unread postby qldbt50 » May 14th, 2010, 7:34 pm

Been here a while

qldbt50 wrote:hey guys i was thinking about upping the exhaust size on the bt50 and upgrading the intercooler i havnt seen a bt50 with a 3inch exhaust in cairns was wondering if any one could give me an idea on what in would sound and go like ??? thanks

Hi qldbt50,
They go like crap as there is not enough back pressure and you use more fuel as a mate found out the expensive way.this is why you have not seen any around.
cheers

Unread postby walking_wounded » May 14th, 2010, 7:52 pm

awesome another bt50 in cairns!
mines the dark grey one getting around with
the black canopy on it.

Unread postby rolly82 » May 14th, 2010, 8:07 pm

Been here a while

walking_wounded wrote:Hi qldbt50,
They go like crap as there is not enough back pressure and you use more fuel as a mate found out the expensive way.this is why you have not seen any around.
cheers

Listen to walking wounded, you don't want to do it.
2.5" is all you need.
By all means upgrade the intercooler, you won't be disappointed with that.
Mazda BT-50 | Larger Intercooler & exhaust | K & N Filter | Safari Snorkel | OME Suspension | Cruise Ctrl | Outback Roller Drawers | ARB Canopy | Rhino Roof Rack | ARB Air Comp | Dual Batt | IPF Spotties | Electronic Rust Prevention | Diff Breathers | Bluetooth
Website Design

Unread postby spottydog » May 15th, 2010, 7:55 am

cheers guys ill prob go with the 2.5 inch after hearing that but ill deffently upgrade the intercooler . also looking at the dp chips i think its is i have just fitted 31 10.5 aggressive terrians and it feels like its lost abit of grunt .once again cheers guys for the help

Unread postby qldbt50 » May 15th, 2010, 8:07 am

Been here a while

Ive been eager to hear a bigger exhaust on the bt50 too. Was talkn to a guy with a ranger and the 3" and he reckons it was amazing ****, might look into this a bit more. Bigger exhaust doesnt make em as tough sounding as I wish they did but still its nice to hear the louder turbo.

Also as for chip have you considered Chip It Diesel Performance Solutions , there aussies which is always good and only $540 for chip (sure beats $1100+) and I have heard nothing but good things so far. Thanks to whoever posted that up on forums earlier btw.

Unread postby Textures » May 15th, 2010, 8:59 am

hey textures just had a look at that site the chip and an injection upagrade wow 569 nm tourqe thats alot more than my ss ute haha .does have alot more toruqe help with 4wding or will make things worse ???

Unread postby qldbt50 » May 15th, 2010, 9:32 am

Been here a while

I dont actually have the chip myself (yet!! :) ) but from what I have read it only makes everything better - life included. Oh how i wish I had more play money

Unread postby Textures » May 17th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Avid Poster

torque is a good thing and thats why diesels are the fav in 4wds. That chip has the abilty to increase boost by 2psi no other chip can do that and you can also block the egr line and the chip overrides the fault code and blocking the egr drops intake temps up to 60 degrees which helps performance. Plus the chip also increases the fuel pressure like other chips but does it with a ecu computer not with just a resitor so it can increase fuel pressure in certain areas more then others and is more flexiable and adjusts to your driving at the time

Unread postby pmturnbull » May 17th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Been here a while

I swear this chip sold itself from the get go even without the salesman smashing my ears with lingo. I did now know about overriding the egr, gets better and better :)

Unread postby Textures » May 17th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Avid Poster

should have seen me the first night I found it 11pm I am about to go to bed and just stumble on the website 2hrs later after reading everything. Anyway I can't get my money together quick enough to order it my mate is getting one for his landcruiser v8 76 so I am going to wait for his and at least see how his goes and will let you know as soon as I do

Unread postby pmturnbull » May 18th, 2010, 8:58 pm

im trying to save up and get every thing in one hit 2.5 inch exhaust ,intercooler upgrade ,kand n filter and the chip :) should give the bt a fair bit of grunt

Unread postby qldbt50 » May 19th, 2010, 7:29 am

Been here a while

Unless you guys are towing a lot, I'm surprised you're after more grunt! Or is it a case of never having too much :D
Mine still surprises me how powerful it is!

Unread postby mnpalmer » May 19th, 2010, 9:51 am

hahaha you can never have to much grunt thats why i turboed my ss ute :)

Unread postby qldbt50 » May 19th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Been here a while

mnpalmer wrote:Or is it a case of never having too much :D

Thats exactly the case, I personally feel an obsessive need to mod something from stock but your right, Im still constantly and happily surprised with the power the thing has :truck:

Unread postby Textures » May 19th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Next

Return to PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50