Need a bracket for an Oil catch can on an 07 BT? Any ideas?

AJBT50
I'm new, be nice!

Need a bracket for an Oil catch can on an 07 BT? Any ideas?

Unread post by AJBT50 » March 27th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Hi guys

I've recently purchased a ProVent oil catch can kit off ebay for my BT, my problem is the bracket that came with it fits a PX Ranger from 2011 onwards ( instructions that came with the kit said 2011-2015 also). The description on ebay said the kit was for my model but after calling direction plus ( who supplied my catch can) they told me they don't make kits for Rangers/BT's for models earlier than 2011. Got a hold of the guys on ebay that sold me the kit and confirmed the kit they sent was wrong. I then called western filters in Sydney and they have a kit they can make up for me but don't have a bracket to mount it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a similar model to mine with a catch can fitted and how they mounted theirs or point me in the direction to where I might be able to buy one. I'm having trouble trying to find a bracket to mount it.

Thanks guys

clicktracy
Here and there

Re: Need a bracket for an Oil catch can on an 07 BT? Any ideas?

Unread post by clicktracy » April 16th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Hello AJBT50,
Welcome. This is a photo of my setup for the provent. It simply uses the studs that support the radiator overflow bottle. Not sure if the 07 model is the same but it might help.
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EAowt ... G_0709.JPG
Cheers Bob

WABT50
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Need a bracket for an Oil catch can on an 07 BT? Any ideas?

Unread post by WABT50 » May 1st, 2018, 12:12 am

G'day AJBT50,
I Bought a bracket from United Fuel Injection for $60,
screwed it to the firewall of my '07 BT50

Return to “PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50”