View topic - How to change Ranger Air Filter (and oil change)

How to change Ranger Air Filter (and oil change)

Getting to know the place

How to change Ranger Air Filter (and oil change)

Hi all.

1) Apologies if its been discussed numerous times, new to forum and the Ranger, but could someone go through the steps of how to change the air filter?

I took the three clips off but I am wondering what to remove next so I can lift the cover off.

2) Also, is there a sticky for the recommended air filter as in the regular ryco or something else?

3) I just changed the oil filter. Used the standard ryco but realised its slightly smaller and now wish I got the motorcraft. Will do next time. I took off the bottom protection plate off to get to the sump plug. It still made a hell of a mess as it dripped on the forward plate in front of it (if that makes sense). Do I take this off too? What's the best way to do this?

Cheers
Ranger 4x2 PK 2009

Unread postby Cloudy Burster » January 8th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Here and there

Re: How to change Ranger Air Filter (and oil change)

G'day mate, with air filter I just lift top up till I'm able to remove filter but if its to tight ya may need to undo any hoses restricting movement. With oil change I also take off both bash plates you still get oil everywhere but makes it easier. I use motorcraft oil filter cause it was handy tycoon should be fine.
Cheers brenton

Unread postby barrafly » January 8th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Getting to know the place

Hey Barra, yeah there is a large pipe that goes over the top of the air filter, surely this doesn't have to be removed??
Ranger 4x2 PK 2009

Unread postby Cloudy Burster » January 9th, 2013, 10:05 am

Here and there

Not 100% sure ill check when I get home.

Unread postby barrafly » January 9th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Been here a while

Cloudy Burster,
The large pipe does not need to be removed. Just lift the lid of the air box and replace your filter.
2008 PJ Dual Cab 5sp Man 4x4 XLT Ranger
Mods: 2" Snorkel Lift, Phillips Sports Headlight Globes, Tinted Windows, Chromed Wheel Nuts & an Aftermarket AM/FM Aeriel

Instagram

Unread postby XLT Ranger » January 9th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Here and there

Ive had the same problem trying to open the air filter box to get to the filter. It only allows a 20degree angle open and as its hitting the hose it locks itself, I am going to try cutting the tie strap holding the hoses together and see if this gives enough room but i still believe there is another way to do this. Anyone care to share a step by step process?

Thanks,

Unread postby C32 » January 11th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Return to PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50