Anyone fitted lights on an xrox bullbar left & right wings?

xlranger
Here and there

Anyone fitted lights on an xrox bullbar left & right wings?

Unread post by xlranger » July 19th, 2012, 3:03 pm

has anyone fitted lights of any description on the mounting point in the left and right wings of the xrox bar? Having troubles finding something of a suitable size, although I admit I have only been looking at led lights. I haven't fitted any auxillary lights yet, was looking at fitting a white pointer led light bar across the top of the hoop, this should still be low enough in profile not to project above the bonnet line so should be legal.

bravoboy300
Part of the furniture

Re: Anyone fitted lights on an xrox bullbar left & right win

Unread post by bravoboy300 » July 19th, 2012, 7:57 pm

xlranger wrote:........ was looking at fitting a white pointer led light bar across the top of the hoop, this should still be low enough in profile not to project above the bonnet line so should be legal.
Is that a legality???

xlranger
Here and there

Unread post by xlranger » July 19th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Yes, I believe so, a common breach is a bullbar which projects up above the bonnet line.

bt50li
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bt50li » July 19th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Opposite Lock told me the Lightforce 140's fit, they certainly do not, however, they do make fantastic "Excuse kind sir you seem too close to the rear of my car!" lights. The only thing that will fit the bar are led worklights and they're brilliant lights. You might want to check if the tabs are even, mine are not, so a bit of spacing is required.

Anything above the bullbar/bonnet that obstructs line of sight is an illegal grey area, as technically it is illegal, however, they dont care YET! It's a good thing the xrox bar comes with an led light bar from factory so it's legal.

bt50li
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bt50li » July 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm

xlranger, As the bullbar becomes part of the car it is then above it that it frowned on

LNGRNGR
Avid Poster

Unread post by LNGRNGR » July 22nd, 2012, 12:32 am

The original Fog lights fit with a bit of a spacer.

I have mine mounted there and just removed the original surround. You have to extend the wiring to get it wired up but no big deal. Those after market ones like Narva should fit too.
The key to good 4wding is not running over some one elses.<<<<<<<<<<

chody
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by chody » October 3rd, 2012, 1:37 pm

I got a set of those narva fog lights from repco and spaced them with some round tube from bunnings, they fit great

aidenhodges.
Been here a while

Unread post by aidenhodges. » October 3rd, 2012, 5:59 pm

Opposite Lock told me that the 140 Lightforce Lance lights do fit in that space you're talking about, however, not in the bt50 xrox bar. I'm picking my xrox up soon, so hopefully I'll be able to chuck something in there. If not I'll go with the factory lights and then mount some Strikers on top or something...

lj80
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Anyone fitted lights on an xrox bullbar left & right wings?

Unread post by lj80 » July 10th, 2018, 4:51 pm

Can anyone tell me what LED Daylight running Fog light fits in the Left and Right wings on my MU-X Xrox Bar.
Cheers
Leo

Return to “PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50”